cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Where is my inbox indicator?

With the recent Jive updates from this past weekend, I've noticed we are missing the] red "@" symbol with the number of notifications we have that used to appear just to the left of our small profile picture at the top right corner of the screen.  That red icon looked different after the Community was down for a short time over the weekend, but now it's completely gone.  Can we get it back?  It's a few more clicks just to get to our inbox now.  Smiley Sad

Tags (1)
37 Replies
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @chofer ​

I'm working with Jive to see if we can get the inbox indicator back.  Thanks!

Thank you.  Did you create this new topic on my behalf?  I don't remember creating this question.

ccalderon
Community Member

I can see the indicator when I drill down to my Inbox and Activity page, but not on the Community homepage... :smileyconfused:

That would be great!

@Jordan branched it from the other discussion!

Yes  @ccalderon ​ I can see it there was well!

Oh!!!  nice!  🙂

tdelillo
Community Member

Yes, I am very much missing that indicator on the main page. I hope it comes back!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @Renee_Carney ​...

@scottdennis ​ had pointed me to this link: Commonly Reported Jive Cloud 2015.2 Customer Is... | Jive Community where the second item in the table mentioned the inbox indicator doesn't show if "News" is disabled.  I'm asking out of curiosity...from your admin end, would the work-around that's listed on that row be possible in the Canvas Community?  Or, is the "News" intentionally disabled?