cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Why the asterisk?

Jump to solution

I should probably know this, but I can't find an answer...

Why are some of the ideas marked with an asterisk? :smileyconfused:

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Great observation skills & great question!  When the Community Team moves through the newly submitted Feature Ideas there is sometimes follow-up information that is requested before the idea can move forward.  The asterisk * tells the Community Team that the idea is waiting for a response from the author. 

Does that help?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Great observation skills & great question!  When the Community Team moves through the newly submitted Feature Ideas there is sometimes follow-up information that is requested before the idea can move forward.  The asterisk * tells the Community Team that the idea is waiting for a response from the author. 

Does that help?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Aahhhhh....makes sense - thank you!! Now I can sleep tonight. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Since this has to do with the Community rather than Canvas, I'm going to move it over to the Meta Community Group​! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Member

ccalderon@ewu.edu​, thanks for asking this question. I'd wondered about asterisks too, and my best guess was that someone was trying to change their location in the alphabetical order. But I couldn't figure out why anyone would bother. Clearly my guess was way off. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Yeah - we have an instructor who loves to do that with course names!! Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Beth.Young@ucf.edu​, I thought the same! ccalderon@ewu.edu​, thanks for asking!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

We've since added an "Awaiting Response" stage... and so we've gotten away from adding an asterisk on ideas. Smiley Happy