Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glparker
Community Champion

Will there be a Jive group for Canvas developers?

Jump to solution

I know it's a question, but not one that needs an answer.   Such a group could post and share code samples, challenge each other to API competitions, and generally grow the knowledge of everyone.   I'd love it if points were awarded for contributing working code in various programming languages.   Canvas could host weekly challenges focusing attention on specific problems.   An example challenge I posted on a different forum

Challenge:   Use the API to create a list of all students who have not submitted one or more assignment.

Solve this problem, tag it with the language used, and before long you will have amassed a huge cookbook of recipes to solve everyday coding situations faced when developing against Canvas.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @glparker ​...  It looks like you've found the Canvas Developers group here on the 2.0 Community, but I wanted to provide the link for anyone else who might be looking at this question.  There is a good "Welcome" from  @karl ​ in this group that people can check out here: Welcome to the Canvas Developers Group!  I'm not a programmer myself, but this looks like a great area to share projects and resources!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @glparker ​...  It looks like you've found the Canvas Developers group here on the 2.0 Community, but I wanted to provide the link for anyone else who might be looking at this question.  There is a good "Welcome" from  @karl ​ in this group that people can check out here: Welcome to the Canvas Developers Group!  I'm not a programmer myself, but this looks like a great area to share projects and resources!

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@glparker  ... Also, would it be ok with you if I moved this discussion over to the Meta Community Group where questions about this Community and Jive are housed?

I'll go ahead and move it over.