cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beth_Young
Community Member

"Sort by score" vs "Sort by most votes"

What is "sort by score" using to sort? And is "sort by most votes" broken?

When I view feature ideas and "Sort by most votes," I get a message that says, "There is no content matching the filters that you have selected."

sort by most votes doesn

I thought "sort by score" would accomplish the same task, but when I paged through my results, it was obvious that "score" involves more than just votes. The vote totals start high on page 1 of results, descend to zero by page 6, jump back up to 64 on page 7, descend back to zero by page 12, jump to 57 on page 13.

I discovered this when I was trying to figure out a more efficient way to review/vote on feature ideas: Discovering new ideas for voting 

2 Replies
biray
Community Member

@Beth_Young ​ - I've noticed this, as well. I've been searching the JIVE community for answers and to no avail. There doesn't seem to be any documentation that explains the differences of these filters. I've submitted a ticket on this issue in the JIVE Community. If this is a bug, they should be able to address it. I'll let you know if I hear more. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your feedback and patience! Smiley Happy

biray
Community Member

Here's the latest from JIVE:

JIVE has escalated our ticket. They have submitted a bug to their Engineering team to review. At this time, there in no ETA for when this issue will be resolved but we will be notified when there any changes to the status of this submission.

I guess we wait. Smiley Sad