cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Canvas Community guidelines?

What are the Canvas Community guidelines?

We want the Canvas Community to be a place to help users find answers, share ideas, and network or collaborate with other like-minded people. We want you to enjoy your experience as an active member and participate often. However, as a member, we ask that you respect the community code.

The Community Guidelines

Be cool. 
It’s OK to be critical and express frustration from time-to-time, but rudeness is not acceptable. Always treat others with respect. Behind every comment is a living, breathing human being, and we are all in this together. Personal attacks or criticisms of another's abilities or motives will not be tolerated.

Be accurate.
You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. Feel free to express your opinions, but if you express an opinion, identify it as such. If you make an assertion, be prepared to back it up with sources.

Be you.
You are encouraged to build your profile and presence. You are discouraged from cloning yourself: always log in with the same account to prevent creating duplicate accounts.

Pitch ideas, not products. 
Hey, we know there are a lot of amazing ed-tech tools out there. If you want to share ways these have been helpful in teaching, please do. However, if you’re a third party vendor or partner, this is not the place to generate sales leads.

Stay on target.
This community is your place to discuss and network about all things Canvas. If you want to sell a couch or find someone with whom to take long walks on the beach, there are other sites for those things.

We trust you’ll abide by these guidelines (because you’re awesome). With the exception of Guides comments and Release Notes comments, comments are not deleted in any other areas of the Canvas Community unless you stray. Instructure reserves the right to take appropriate action if these guidelines are not followed.

See content that goes against our guidelines?

If you find content in the Canvas Community that goes against these guidelines or is otherwise inappropriate, please report it to community@instructure.com.

Comments

My name Tamya I have a nickname I go by Mya since it’s easier for people to remember and pronounce.

I love wrestling it’s a sport I loved since my sophomore year in high school it’s the coolest sport I ever did I’m very athletic I never give up when it was time for me to get on the mat to face my opponent you have to shake it off and get ready to battle you have everyone watching you even your couches they yell to get in positions or do that position even though you could barely hear out of the headgear getting slammed having a busted nose ,black eye, bruises & swollen lip or dislocated arm shoulder popping out of place knows getting dislocated neck broken it’s some thats Insanely fun for wrestlers we dont care how much harm our body is in we still want to get back in that mat after that match and plenty of more matches people think wrestling is hard it’s really not just knowing you’re  facing people who have 10 years or 7 years of experience that’s scary you will loose unless you put your all into its survival once’s your on the mat wrestling is so some that is better than any sport .

Hi @Mya1919,

Thanks for adding your comment! It seems that you might've intended your comment for a class discussion or conversation. However, these comments are not connected directly to Canvas. If you need to post to a course discussion, you'll need to login to your school's Canvas website and post to the correct discussion there. For more information, check out the How do I reply to a discussion as a student?. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Naomi

Hello I'm not use to online classes and need help with this because I am an hands on type of person and use to going on campus. I'm a 61 year old woman that wants to succeed in these college courses so how do I get help with this? 

Hi @w0393680,

I definitely understand that moving from hands-on learning to a virtual environment can be really rough. In the Community, we have the Canvas Student Guide, tutorial videos, and a resource for getting started. Hope this helps! Best of luck this semester. 

@Narith 

I searched around the Community, and this post might be a good place to start.

Cody

I am an adjunct at SCC and am learning to maneuver Canvas from the stand point of an Instructor. This way cool. Thank you Canvas 

@BellaRagazza79 you're welcome! Let us know if you have any questions as you're learning Canvas as an instructor. We're here to help however we can.

Thanks,

- Nathan

hi

Hello,

I work at Sacramento City College as an adjunct. I am currently in a class as a student learning canvas.

How to delete an account

@Kakasd12 

To delete your Community account:

1.Click your Profile icon.

2. Click the My settings link.

3.Click the Close Account tab.

4. Click the Close Account button.

After you close your account, you cannot re-open it or reclaim your user name. If you later decide to re-join the community, you must re-register and start from scratch.

hi, can you give me the canvas student guide address Thinks a lot

Hi @w1347058,

Here it is: Canvas Student Guide

Naomi

The cloud of virtual uncertainty is slowly dissipating.

Hi @jcwinrow

I'm glad to hear that uncertainty—of any kind—might be resolving into something more like certainty! Should you have any questions about Canvas, feel free to reach out and my teammates and I will do our best to help. 

Thanks, 

Allie 

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
7 of 7
Last update:
13 hours ago
Updated by: