Custom LTI as admin tool

Jump to solution
armaz
Community Novice

I have made a simple LTI app for disabling/removing students that have not logged on for a given time. This, being an Admin tool, should be placed outside of the context of a course, somewhere only visible to admins. 

But I can't find out how. All guides I have found are about defining and setting up the LTI tools, very little about placement of those and nothing on placement outside of a course. 

Any help is highly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
matthew_buckett
Community Contributor

The easiest way to have a LTI 1.1 tool appear in different places is to use the config builder XML Config Builder and select to enable the Account Navigation extension. Then if you install the tool in an account using the generated XML it should appear in the list of tools available in that account and sub-accounts.

The documentation for the supported places you can put an LTI 1.1 tool is on: Navigation Tools - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation 

NB: LTI 1.3 has a different way of configuring locations (and documents more of them) and is done when creating the developer key (but I'm guessing your using LTI 1.1)

View solution in original post