Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Editor LTI Placement: Skip past embed link to frame launch presentation

10618071_0-1602512816237.png

My goal is to make an LTI the home page for a course

I am accomplishing this by adding the LTI to a page using the Editor placement, and making that page the home page for the course.

I am using the "frame" for launch_presentation_document_target in the editor LTI placement. (I have tried iframe, but it has issues, it won't do 100% height and leaves some ugly page headers I'd rather not see)

right now, frame looks like the image above. The word "embed" is shown as a link on a blank page. When I click the link, it loads exactly as I want it to, and it looks the same as a navigation LTI placement

My question: how do I get the "frame" launch presentation to show the frame without showing the link first? It just won't work if the first thing a student sees in the course is "Embed". I want them to see the LTI when they open a course.

Or is there another way to load an LTI as the home page?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi, I can't see a way to do this outside of custom JavaScript to redirect to the LTI. See Idea and JS suggestion here:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Set-LTI-as-Home-Page/idi-p/361810

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Thanks @tbularzik I proposed something similar years ago and was told that the editor placement was the way to go. I finally got around to trying it last week and it is UGLY!  I had hope that the frame launch presentation would do it, but it is just a link.

I don't think I can do the custom JS approach, I don't want to add JS to a client's install for this.

Hopefully we can get LTI as home page soon.

Highlighted

That makes sense. Could you share what the raw HTML is if you click on HTML Editor on that page? Maybe there's something that can be adjusted there

Highlighted
Surveyor II

10618071_0-1602604111672.png

We have a few options, most of them use the iframe

the link is showing the frame launch presentation. Here is the html output

<p><a title="Embed" href="/courses/43/external_tools/retrieve?url=https%3A%2F%2Fproject-colibrilab.com%3A444%2Fgreen-house">Embed</a></p>