Embed LTI as iFrame using Rich Content Editor

mindcycle
Community Member

Hello community. I am building a simple LTI 1.1 Application. The LTI tool is delivered and authenticated via AWS Lambda functions, and the app itself consists of some basic HTML and javascript with a single page at a single endpoint. The purpose of the LTI is to serve as a time on page tracker use a simple timed Javascript timer function with an alert that asks "are you still learning" and logs the duration of time on a page to a backend database for training compliance purposes.

I want the LTI to be selected in the rich content editor, and I want it to be embedded within the page as an iframe. I have been able to get the LTI tool into the rich content editor using XML parameters, but it appears as a modal and I do not know how to get it to appear as an iframe. Could someone perhaps offer guidance about how to get the LTI tool to appear within an iframe by selecting within the rich content editor? Thanks!

The goal here is to use the rich content editor to embed an LTI that is able to pass back the userid and pageid parameters.

Labels (4)
0 Likes