Production Start Upgrade Failure

kurt_faulknerlo
Community Novice

I've been having trouble upgrading a production start Canvas installation.  This server was installed on Feb 15th using the stock production install instructions.  I'm trying to upgrade this installation to the latest release using the canvas upgrade instructions.  However, there seems to be a dependency issue when I get to the Compile Assets section:

RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake canvas:compile_assets

This gives me the following error:

rake aborted!
LoadError: No such file to load -- logging_filter
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:457:in `load'
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:457:in `block in load_file'
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:647:in `new_constants_in'
/var/canvas/gems/autoextend/lib/autoextend.rb:145:in `new_constants_in'
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:456:in `load_file'
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:354:in `require_or_load'
/var/canvas/gems/autoextend/lib/autoextend.rb:157:in `require_or_load'
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:317:in `depend_on'
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/activesupport-4.2.8/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:233:in `require_dependency'
/var/canvas/config/application.rb:26:in `<class:Application>'
/var/canvas/config/application.rb:22:in `<module:CanvasRails>'
/var/canvas/config/application.rb:21:in `<top (required)>'
/var/canvas/Rakefile:4:in `require'
/var/canvas/Rakefile:4:in `<top (required)>'
/var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rake-12.0.0/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

From this message, it looks /var/canvas/config/application.rb can't find logging_filter.rb - which is located in /var/canvas/lib/.  I'm not too familiar with how Ruby & don't know how Bundler or Rake determine the path info.

gem environment shows:

- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /var/canvas/lib,  but doesn't show any PATH directories under /var/canvas.

Again, this is my first canvas upgrade and I'm still new to Canvas.  Since this server was setup according the production start instructions provided with Github project, I'm hoping this is something a more experienced Canvas developer can help me with.

Thank you.