Discussions / Announcements Redesign: when did that change get made?

Jump to solution
JimMc_Grath
Community Member

Hi! Just curious: when did the Announcements side of the Discussions / Announcements Redesign beta feature get deployed and announced? I can see that documentation is on the way in late August from the release notes, but I was surprised to see Announcements added to the button in the Feature preview, since it wasn't there the last time I checked. Mainly just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement: I didn't see anything in an initial scan of release notes.

0 Likes
1 Solution
erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi @JimMc_Grath,

Sometimes we're human and don't realize things that should be obvious! The Discussions code is shared with Announcements (since announcements are basically a small type of a discussion), and one of our customers asked a few weeks ago if it's intended for the changes to show in Announcements. Our product manager realized she was right and we needed to clarify that immediately! So everything is updated now to indicate that Announcements are also affected.

Thanks for participating in the user group! Let us know more of your feedback as this project moves forward.

Erin

View solution in original post