How do I configure the daily attendance calculation source for each school at my institution in Admin Settings?
In Elevate K-12 Analytics Admin Settings, the Daily Attendance Calculation Source setting allows you to specify how each school at your institution calculates daily attendance. For each school, you can choose to calculate daily attendance, section attendance, or both.
For example, an elementary school where students remain in the same classroom throughout the school day may use a daily attendance calculation score. A high school that allows student work release during the school day may use section-based attendance to calculate daily student attendance during a consistent homeroom. A middle school may use both daily and section attendance to calculate daily attendance.
When you select to calculate attendance using both daily and section attendance, priority is given to daily attendance. This way, if a students misses their homeroom section but attends all other classes on a given school day, the attendance record reflects the student as in attendance.
Open Administration Page
In the Navigation Menu, click the Admin link.
Open Daily Attendance Calculation Source
The Settings menu displays the Academics settings options .
Click the Attendance link . Then click the Daily Attendance Calculation Source link .
View Daily Attendance Calculation Source Setting
The Daily Attendance Calculation Source setting displays a list of your institution's schools in the Schools list .
To find a school in the list, you can search or view only unmapped categories . Learn more about viewing and managing settings.
Set Calculation Source
For each school, click the Calculation Source drop-down menu . You can select from the following options:
- <unmapped> : the school's attendance calculation source is not configured and is not included in Elevate K-12 Analytics attendance data.
- Both : the school's daily attendance is calculated primarily using daily attendance data then using section attendance data.
- Daily attendance : the school's daily attendance is calculated using daily attendance data
- Section attendance : the school's daily attendance is calculated using section attendance data
- Do not calculate : the school's attendance is not included in Elevate K-12 Analytics attendance data.
Set Multiple Calculation Sources
To set multiple categories at once, click the category checkboxes . Then, click the Assign selected items to drop-down menu, and select a value . Learn more about managing multiple options.