How do I save, manage, and export a data exploration?
While Elevate K-12 Analytics automatically retains a list of your ten most recent data explorations, you can also manually save data explorations. Saved data explorations can be favorited, added as a home page, shared via URL, and published to others at your institution. They display in your Created by You menu, and you can re-open and continue exploring within a saved exploration at any time.
Open Data Explorer
In the Navigation Menu, click the Data Explorer link.
In the Yours section of the Explorations menu, click a category link . Then click the name of an exploration .
Note: You can also open an exploration from a chart or scorecard. Learn more about accessing the Data Explorer in Elevate K-12 Analytics.
In the exploration page, click the Tools Menu icon.
In the Data Explorer sidebar Exploration section, click the Save link.
Name or Rename Exploration
In the Save As window, enter a name for the exploration . If you want to replace a previously saved exploration with a new or continued exploration, click the Replace Current Exploration checkbox .
Then click the OK button .
In the Data Explorer sidebar Exploration section, click the Clear link. Clearing the exploration resets the exploration as a new exploration. The specified metrics are cleared and all charts are removed. However, this action does not delete or remove the exploration from your Explorations. You can still view recent and saved explorations from the Data Explorer page.
In the Data Explorer sidebar Exploration section, click the Send to link.
Select Send Option
Select from the following options in the Send to menu:
- Printer : print the exploration or an exploration chart.
- Email : email the exploration to one or multiple recipients. You can include a subject and a text explanation. You can also choose to include the exploration as an image, PDF, or Excel file attachment.
- Save as image : save the exploration or exploration chart as an image file.
- Save as PDF : save the exploration or exploration chart as a PDF.
- Save to Excel : export the exploration or exploration chart as a CSV file to view in Excel.
- Get Link : generate a shareable link to the exploration; explorations must be saved prior to getting a link.
Add Exploration to Favorites
In the Data Explorer sidebar Exploration section, click the Add to favorites link.
Note: If the Add to favorites link does not display, save the exploration. Only saved explorations can be added as favorites.
Remove Exploration from Favorites
To remove an exploration from your favorites list, click the Remove from favorites link.
View Favorite Explorations
You can view your favorited explorations in the Explorations menu Favorites section of the Data Explorer page.