August 2020 AB Insights Newsletter
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
Expanding Your Alignments with AB Connect
Use all the benefits of your AB Connect license to expand content alignments to other states. Watch the video to learn how you can use AB Connect to expand the alignments to your content to one or more authorities.
AFT Leverages AB Connect Learning Standards
American Federation of Teachers hosts Share My Lesson, where members contribute content, exchange ideas, and get educated on the topics that matter. At Share My Lesson, teachers can load content to share with other education professionals. Using learning standards and education search terms from AB Connect, AFT provides teachers and AFT staff with a way to tag content to subject, grade and National and State specific learning standards that are covered in their lessons.
Adding these tags allows users to quickly and easily find the content they need, including resources tagged to their specified grade, subject, AFT topic, or a specific learning standard.
Before deciding to partner with Certica, AFT had limited assets and resources tagged to national standards, and no state specific standards were available for tagging. Now, over 15,000 resources are being tagged with learning standards through AB Connect.
AFT also uses the derivative relationships between states who have a common origin such as Common Core or NGSS to provide additional state tags based on the users selected tags for their resources.
Thanks to Kelly Booz, Director of Share My Lesson at American Federation of Teachers for sharing her AB Connect story. Interested in sharing your story? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New With Standards This Month
- Arkansas, Curriculum Framework for Fine Arts: Dance, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts (2020)
- Canada, Nova Scotia Curriculum for English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies (2019)
- Canada, Prince Edward Island Curriculum for Science (2018 r2019)
- Georgia, Standards of Excellence (GSE) for Social Studies (2016 r2020)
- Georgia, Career, Technical, and Agricultural Education for Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources (2014 r2020)
- Georgia, Career, Technical, and Agricultural Education for Finance (2014 r2020)
- Indiana, Academic Standards for World Languages (2019)
- Indiana, Academic Standards for English/Language Arts (2014 r2020)
- Maryland, State Curriculum for Health Education (2020)
- New Hampshire, Guidelines For World-Ready Language Learning (2018)
- New Jersey, Student Learning Standards (NJSLS) for Computer Science and Design Thinking (2020)
- New York, Learning Standards for Physical Education (2020)
- North Carolina, Standard Course of Study (SCoS) for Social Studies (2020)
- Oklahoma, Academic Standards (OAS) for Fine Arts: Dance, Music, Drama/Theatre, and Visual Art (2020)
- Pennsylvania, Career and Technical Education Programs of Study (POS) for various subjects (2014 r2019)
- South Carolina, Career and Technology Education (CATE) for various subjects
- Sweden, Curriculum for the compulsory school, preschool class and school-age educare for various subjects (2018)
- Tennessee, Career and Technical Education for various subjects
- Texas, State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness Resources (STAAR) for Language Arts (2020)
- Texas, Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Social Studies (2018 r2020)
- Virginia, Career & Technical Education for Health Science (2017 r2020)
- West Virginia, College- and Career-Readiness Standards (WVCCRS) for English Language Arts (2015 r2020)
- Wisconsin, Standards for English Language Arts (2020)
- Wisconsin, Standards for Physical Education (2020)
- Australia, Victorian Certificate of Education for Science Study Design (2015)
- Colorado, Academic Standards for Personal Financial Literacy (2018)
- Colorado, Early Learning and Development Guidelines (2020)
- Maryland, State Curriculum for Social Studies Framework (2020) Grades 6 and 7
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills:
New and Moved High School Courses
On August 18, 2020, new Social Studies courses were made available in the Academic Benchmarks standards collection under Texas > Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) > Social Studies (2018 r2020). Texas also adopted course 113.60 Social Studies Advanced Studies, which is the same as an older course implemented in 1998 and found in the Social Studies 2010 document: 113.52 Social Studies Advanced Studies.
Click here to for the specific details about how these changes are represented in AB Connect.
You can view the List of Standards released this month. Visit the Canvas Community to learn about previously released standards.
To learn more about these updates, contact us at email@example.com.