Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills New and Moved High School Courses (August 2020)
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Social Studies: New and Moved High School Courses
On August 18, 2020, new Social Studies courses were made available in the Elevate Standards Alignment standards collection under Texas > Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) > Social Studies (2018 r2020).
The new courses are
- 113.51 Ethnic Studies: African American Studies
- 113.61 Economics Advanced Studies
Texas also adopted course 113.60 Social Studies Advanced Studies, which is the same as an older course implemented in 1998 and found in the Social Studies 2010 document: 113.52 Social Studies Advanced Studies.
To reflect the new adoption of 113.60, we made the following changes to 113.52:
- moved course 113.52 from Texas > Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) > Social Studies (2010) to Social Studies (2018 r2020),
- changed the course number from 113.52 to 113.60, and
- applied a Section-specific adoption year and implementation year of 2020.
How will this change to 113.60 Social Studies Advanced Studies impact the standards data?
In addition to a new course number and adoption year, the Document GUID has changed.
|Old Document GUID (2010 adoption year)||New Document GUID (2018 adoption year)|
When is this change taking effect?
The change was made Friday, August 14, 2020.
What action must I take?
Standards data: You may want to update your database to reflect the new Document GUID, course number (113.52 is now 113.60), and course adoption year 2020.
How can I get more information?
If you have any questions, please contact Support.