Creating Individual Lessons With Embedded Reflection Questions Throughout/New to Canvas

KJoseph
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Canvas and attempting to use canvas as the platform for a professional development course. One core feature of our professional development lessons is that attendees can work through lesson content and answer reflection questions throughout. Pre-canvas, we had these lessons in powerpoint format and once attendees got to a slide with a reflection question, they entered their response in the notes section of that powerpoint. 

We are wondering if there is a way to create lessons in canvas that attendees can go through and respond to reflection questions embedded within the lessons. So far, I have tried creating a canvas assignment for each reflection question and pasting the respective assignment link in the powerpoint slide so that attendees can click on the link and navigate to the assignment page where they can complete and submit. They would then have to navigate back to the powerpoint lesson to continue. We are hoping there is a more user friendly way to embed questions within a lesson within canvas without having to click on a link and navigate to a different page. We realize that uploading powerpoints may not be the way to do so and are open to any formatting options available in canvas.

I would also appreciate general support with canvas (e.g., methods to design a good looking home page with tiles with a free for teacher account) and would appreciate it if someone with knowledge on these topics would be willing to meet with me or point me in a helpful direction.

Thank you!