Forgot password email is not being sent

matt26
Community Member

I really need help. Please help me.

I am using a Free for Teacher account.

My students are not receiving any email for forgetting passwords.

No matter what I or my students do there is never any email sent to our email accounts for a link to reset passwords.

I had my district whitelist the servers from which the emails are being sent from Canvas.

I tried on my own personal email to test, but it is not being sent to me either.

I wanted to even sign up for an account that was paid for so that I do not need to deal with this problem for my students, but the starting price is into the thousands. I simply can not afford that.

The issue of student password reset is why I switched to Google Classroom in the beginning of the school year. Students had to create new accounts just to log in again. It is not a good system. My school district was considering using Canvas, but as a user for the Free for Teachers account all I can do is persuade them to not bother as it is almost useless if students are not able to log back in. It is slowing down the teaching as students are constantly not able to log in as they simply forget passwords.

The emails that are being sent when using the help link are generic junk that has nothing to do with actual reset links.

I hope this can be resolved as I have spent weeks of setting up a class for summer school only to have to switch again to Google Classroom just so students can turn assignments in and receive assignments.

I see countless others with the same issue. As far as I can tell the email are NOT being sent.

I have checked the spam folder too.

What is the solution?

0 Likes