Free-for-Teacher vs Bitnami image

Jump to solution
Sreek
Community Member

Hello,

I am currently evaluating various LMS products, Canvas is one among them. I would like to setup a Canvas evaluation version, I understand Free-for-Teacher (FFT) version has many features of a 'Paid' version but not all.

My question is, what is the difference between FFT and the Canvas Bitnami image (feature-wise), if I were to setup a VM image on our server or on AWS ?

I would like to evaluate a full feature version, which way to go - FFT or Bitnami or ??

Thanks

Sreek

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello,

Thank you for coming to the Canvas Community and posting this question.  Just FYI; I went ahead and moved it to the Free for Teachers (FFT) group hub as it seemed like a related question.

If you are evaluating Canvas as a potential cloud based LMS solution I would personally advise you to evaluate in FFT.  Setting up a locally hosted instance would be an order of magnitude more work to get started.  It would be the farthest from the paid cloud version as far as feature parity goes, of the options you mention.  FFT does lack some minor options you have in paid instances but as far as user experience goes they are pretty minimal.  You can read more about that in the FFT FAQ: Free-for-Teacher FAQ.

If you have specific questions as you go about testing, please feel free to post them here in the community!

View solution in original post