How to make a FFT course completely open? (no login)

Jump to solution
jamely
Community Champion

Again, I come seeking knowledge from the Canvas Community.... 😜

No, really, I am giving opportunities to those who want to earn points and level-up!

My dilemma:

I have designed a FFT course for an online Instructional Design class (also delivered in Canvas). Recent changes to submissions means that I need to figure out a way to allow 2 other students to see my course design. Since it is FFT, there is no ePub option, unfortunately.

I am trying to figure out how to publish the course to be completely open so that these two students can peer review it without having to create another Canvas account (we all can't have 4 different Canvas accounts, now can we? 😜 ), or jeopardize their anonymity by having to enroll into the course.

I know it can be done, because of this link Course Modules: Instructurecon 2015 .

Any help with the settings would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jamely , in a case like this you could make the course public. Go to the Course settings and check the box to "Make this course publicly visible (student data will remain private)." This would let anyone with the URL to your course view all course content. Yet, the person could not actually participate in the course, so no submitting assignments. They could view the assignment directions, but in the case of a quiz, not actually review the quiz questions.

Does this help or do they need a higher level of permissions?

View solution in original post