Working on first quiz!

siouxgeonz
Community Contributor

Easily found the nice How do I create a quiz with a question group to randomize quiz questions?    and I like that the "alt tag" is right there on the front to prompt me to write what my image is.   Since the answers *are* images, that's important.  

Realized I'd forgotten one of my cute number bar images but looks like I have to go out and in to get access to it when making the quiz; it's not updating the "files" catalog on the tab I'm using to make the  quiz, though it's updated in the tab where I dropped it in.  (Yes, loving drag and drop, too!)   ... but it worked nicely.  DIdn't lose anything along the way.

So... next question:   can I copy a question and edit it (since I'll have exactly the same answers to choose from, but different questions)? 

time to search Smiley Happy  

3 Comments
siouxgeonz
Community Contributor
Author

Okay, I'm still mildly befuddled that there isn't, as there is in D2L, a "save and copy" option for quiz questions...   but maybe I'm just not finding the magic button...

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Nope, you're not missing anything. There is no "save and copy" or copy option for quiz questions (or really anything) in Canvas. My work around for this is to create the question I want copied in a question bank (How do I create a question bank in my course?) and then go to the quiz you want the question and add it from the question bank (How do I create a quiz by finding questions in a question bank?). Then add it again from the question bank (you've now created a copy of the question) and again (now you've got three copies). You can then go into the questions and tweak as needed.

siouxgeonz
Community Contributor
Author

Thanks!   This should do the trick.  I also see that it's an idea that's gotten 32 votes (just added mine) at    .   Since my question has 5 answers that I want to duplicate (no, I don't want to make it a matching question), and the answers are all images, this should save me a ton of time.