Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 10.24.00 AM.png
    Click on image for webinar recording 

Presentation Slides
Webinar Handout: New Quizzes Readiness Checklist
Webinar Q&A Posts

13 Comments
grichards
Community Explorer

The video link does not seem to be working?

megankoontz
Community Participant

Have you solved the problem of these not showing in the grade book as needing to be reviewed by the instructor?  I used to use this, but I moved away as I never received 'to do' to grade.

ngarimella1
Instructure
Instructure

@grichards Sorry you are having problems viewing the video. We verified that the link is working. 
Try this for size: https://instructure.zoom.us/rec/play/w-aKweDWoK8CiaTvl55DpzaWCbnzTX9NoRiyqcqe5uyTFsVzee6O2_NedjQpWBp... 

@megankoontz Checked in on your question. There is not yet a solution, but the product team is aware of this need for instructors”

rbriones
Community Member

The video link is still not working.  Says media could not be loaded.  

ngarimella1
Instructure
Instructure
ldietz
Community Explorer

Why is the video NOT addressing the automatic migration of question banks (at least of most of them). I wouldn't mind having to add individual questions from a New Quiz into an Item Bank if I only have a total of 50 altogether. If I have 1000 questions within my courses/classes' question banks that I have created throughout these few years of using Canvas, you cannot expect me to add question by question from having "migrated" a Classic Quiz into a New Quiz that I created with all the questions from a Question Bank. 

It is preposterous to think that teachers/instructors would be happy to spend time doing that. I am already trying to make my courses more attractive through Badges, and creating "stimulus" materials that would benefit the students as well.

Please, don't disregard instructors hard work as something that needs to happen in order for us to look "modern" and the kind. It would be insulting.

CFisk
Community Member

Link still not working....

ngarimella1
Instructure
Instructure

@CFisk I updated the link to https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Global-Priority-Services-Hub/Webinar-on-New-Quizzes-Basics-and-Ti... 

Can you please confirm if you are able to access it now? I am so sorry that this link is proving problematic. 

gouldt
Community Contributor

Works in Firefox, doesn't work in Chrome.

kroeninm
Community Champion

Hi @ldietz in the blog post here and in another discussion I've listened to with Canvas, they are working on a smooth migration of banks as part of the bulk migration mentioned in this webinar.  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/The-Product-Blog/Possibilities-for-User-Experience-of-Classic-Qui...  Definitely most institutions can't migrate smoothly without a bank migration.

@megankoontz the essay question issue (not knowing what has been graded or not) and Todo list I've heard in recent discussions as being on their high priority list but it wasn't listed as something yet with a guaranteed release date.  This and the RCE change are two key items in addition to banks that I'm hoping for.  Would make for a much smoother transition!!!

Melanie

ldietz
Community Explorer

Thank you, I just found this. I remember reading the earlier posts on the New Quizzes that mentioned there was not possibility to transfer/migrate Question Banks due to incompatibility. Those older posts are the ones that show up first when searching for New Quizzes and Question Banks. 

I am happy that a solution has been found, and I am working on adding Stimulus (videos) in Item Banks

straussi
Community Champion

I have not had a chance to test this, but maybe someone has and can share. We have pilot sub-accounts for New Quizzes where the Feature Preview is on. Our root account has the feature disabled but not locked. I want to migrate our pilot courses out of the sub-accounts where the feature is enabled, and back to their regular department sub-accounts where we can then enable New Quizzes in their own Settings. Will this transition cause any loss of new quizzes or content; having the feature temporarily unavailable while the course is moved?

Thanks in advance - Ira 

krepelka
Community Member

This webinar link is not working. Can you fix it please?