cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diana_brauhn

Badges or Credentials for Canvas?

Hi at Canvas,

Are you thinking about making "badges" or credentials (think Credly  Credly ) which would stay with the individual who earned them? It's fun, motivational, and in my opinion, would build community and brand loyalty for Canvas.

Just food for thought.

Diana Brauhn

5 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@diana_brauhn ​, you're right: badges are fun and motivational! Are you referring to badging in Canvas courses (when students complete courses), or do you mean badges for teachers and other users of Canvas (upon completion of training or other PD, for example)?

kenneth_rogers
Instructure
Instructure

Hi,  @diana_brauhn !

How were stefaniesanders‌ questions? Were they able to get the ball rolling for badging? 

For now, since this question is from almost a year ago, I am going to mark it as assumed answered. This won't prevent others from commenting on the question in the event they want to contribute to the badging conversation as well!

geralyn_stephen

We've created a module in Canvas Commons:  Using Badges (with Badgr) in your Canvas Courseto help faculty create and implement Badges [uses Canva and Badgr] in their course.  There is also an Assignment, which has been shared via Canvas Commonthat ties to our Students: Intro to Canvas course (not shared to Canvas Commons).  

Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

I think as we look at Gamification, badges will become more important. I do like the idea that they can travel with the student, so when they are no longer part of the institution they can still show their achievements.

0 Kudos
molly_duggan

Diana, 

I use badges now in one of my grad level courses and the students,primarily like them.  I d want to move toward micro-credentialing, however, and will want to integrate tasks from several courses - and from their workplaces - to help them earn level of micro-credentials.....

0 Kudos