cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbie_ellis
Community Participant

Does Respondus work with new quizzes yet.

When we renewed our Respondus license this year, I saw that there has been an update to version 4.0. Does anyone know if this makes Respondus compatible with New Quizzes?

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@debbie_ellis ...

My best guess is...no...at least, not directly.  I found these Release Notes on the Respondus website: Respondus 4.0.8.05 Patch.  So, you'd still need to create your quizzes like you normally do (we create them usually in *.txt files if there isn't any basic formatting needed like bold, italics, etc.)  Then, use Respondus to upload the quiz into a Canvas course.  Next, migrate the quiz to New Quizzes: How do I migrate a Canvas quiz to New Quizzes?.

(This is our process for creating quizzes in Canvas: Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus‌.)

langlangcat
Community Contributor

So far, the QTI files generated by Respondus 4.0 is not accepted by the "New Quiz" either. It is v 1.1.3. New Quiz wants a 1.2 at least. 

The workaround to import the Respondus QTI into "New Quiz" Item Bank is lengthy and cumbersome, and.... you don't want to include fancy formats.

adamwarecs
Instructure
Instructure

briddell
Community Participant

This thread is not about Respondus Lockdown Browser, it's about Respondus 4.0 - a different product.