How does the free Folio version in Canvas work?

Jump to solution
ClaudiaZysk
Community Explorer

Hi, I am trying to add some info to the training I am creating for students on how to use 'Folio' which is the free version in the account profile. I seem to not be able to find any video or guides on that, only on pathways and portfolium or eportfolio. I am very confused about all the options that are there and not finding anything about Folio. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
crafte
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @ClaudiaZysk  - we have not yet started to use the free Folios, but I came across a course that might be helpful to you: The Portfolium Network - ePortfolios Reinvented

View solution in original post

@NicoleLynch 

From my experience at our school, The "Folio" link refers to Canvas Student ePortfolios (formerly Portfolium). 

I know Instructure started a re-branding of Portfolium to Canvas Student ePortfolios & Canvas Student Pathways.  Thus, if you are looking to use Canvas Student ePortfolios (formerly Portfolium), then you likely want to use the "Folio" link and refer to the guides for Canvas Student ePortfolios.

What is Canvas Student ePortfolios? 

The original portfolio tool that is built into Canvas directly is called ePortfolios.  So if you are looking to use this original tool then you would like want to use the "ePortfolios" link and refer to the guides for ePortfolios (not Canvas Student ePortfolios).

What are ePortfolios? 

At our school, we hid the old ePortfolios link to avoid confusion between these two links.

View solution in original post