New Gradebook Comparison Chart.pdf

kona
Community Champion
7 Comments
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hello!   The links on this PDF are not working for me.  I'm trying to click Late Policies:  Instructor FAQ and nothing happens....   Can someone fix this please?  Thank you!

awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I believe you need to download the file to use the links in the PDF. However, I think a non PDF version is available at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16035-functionality-comparison-current-vs-new-canvas-gradeb... 

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

I see, thank you!  We will link to the web page instead of this page.  Thanks!

aleverton
Community Participant

@kona ‌ is the new Gradebook feature ADA compliant? With all the "mousing over" it does not seem to be.

kona
Community Champion

aleverton, I'm not completely sure, but I know that Canvas is normally very good in terms of being ADA compliant so I'd find it very hard to believe if the new gradebook wasn't compliant. If you want more clarification on this, then I'd talk to your Canvas CSM. 

Sorry I can't be more help! Kona

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, Audra,

For ADA, you'll want to use the Individual View for the New Gradebook. The grid-based view is not accessible and isn't built to be such (it's built using a third-party framework), but the individual view will eventually do everything that can be done in the New Gradebook. We have a couple of items that aren't supported in the Individual View, but we're working on that. When they're completed, we'll also publish a documentation lesson about how to use Individual View.

Thanks,

Erin

kona
Community Champion

Thanks erinhallmark! That is really helpful information!