Potential due time issue with Macmillan Launchpad

kblack
Community Champion

I just wanted to share with you folks an issue we have run across that a Psychology faculty member made me aware of.  The Macmillan Launchpad LTI is apparently having a due time issue.  An assignment created in Launchpad and, thus, transferred into Canvas has a due time that changes by one hour once it arrives in Canvas.  Here is the email that our faculty member received from Launchpad:

I was forwarded your ticket regarding the problem you've been experiencing with shifting times.  I checked with our developers regarding time zones with LaunchPad content in Canvas. This is a known issue and they are working on a solution but I don't have a time frame for completion at this time.

The only recommendation that I can provide is to set the LaunchPad course timezone one hour ahead to work around the issue. I know this isn't ideal but it's a temporary consideration till we get this fixed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Apparently someone at Launchpad forgot to program in a time change somewhere.  I do NOT know if this is related solely to a specific textbook, discipline (Psychology, in this case), or all of Launchpad, but I just wanted to provide the Canvas Community a heads up.

0 Likes