Uploading two files for one assignment

Jump to solution
ssadare
Community Novice

Uploading two files for one assignment

As a single assignment I want students to annotate an article from our databases by highlighting the PDF of the article and attaching a Word document with their notes about the article. In testing this, when the PDF and the Word document have been uploaded to the assignment, only the last uploaded file appears in the Gradebook and in SpeedGrader. Is there a way for students to upload the two files where I can see both of them in SpeedGrader without making them two separate assignments?

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ssadare ,  @crafte ​ has given you great advice! In addition, students can upload multiple files to the same assignment submission, by clicking on + Add Another File, as described in How do I upload a file as an Assignment submission in Canvas?​ From the teacher's viewpoint, the teacher can click on the file link(s) that appear directly under the dropdown to display the chosen file in the left pane of the SpeedGrader. So your teachers can decide if they have a preferred method for multiple file submissions to a single assignment, and give their students the appropriate instructions on how to accomplish either or both.

View solution in original post