What $25,352 worth in contract cheating looks like.

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Abstract: The hardest part about contract cheating is quantifying the problem. We can't do much about the former, but we're trying to change the latter. That is, we are trying to quantify contract cheating in hopes of learning more about assessment design, motivations of cheating, and the black market of 'contract cheating'.

Methodology: A web crawler (with the pet name of "Contraband") was let loose on the Internet to sniff out content related to cheating posts. The contracts were then aggregated all together. You can read what the crawler found at the end of this post.

Findings: 18% contractors were approached directly. Out of the posts in which the contractor was not approached directly, 6 (4.5%) contracts were for admission essays, 9 posts (7%) were for work related to masters/PhD theses, and 7 posts (5.34%) were in languages other than English. Almost all of the contracts looked like they required undergrad (or above) proficiency. Finally, the average contract was worth $157. 

It is to be noted, that the crawler (optimistically) scanned  ~1% of the entire "market" and the data collected covered just 3 weeks worth of activity. It might be unfair to simply extrapolate these numbers to arrive at the 'market size', but let's just do it for simplicity's sake.

If 1% of the market is worth $25,353, it implies roughly $2.5 million worth of contracts traded per month. This might sound like a lot, but an average contract value of $157 per contract would mena that roughly 16,148 students cheat online every month.

Future direction: Firstly, I want to expand the corpus we are crawling. Secondly, adding in more data-points such as: collecting the number of bidders (therefore quantifying the size and activity of the market), analyzing peak/trough times, and estimating the writing proficiency of the cheater (low writing proficiency might suggest weak writing skills as a prominent motivator) seems interesting.  Also, the labeling process definitely needs to be improved (since there were some false positives).

How you can participate: Just chime in with your thoughts, is data like this helpful? Should we stop doing this? Is this initiative kinda creepy? What other information can we collect? Anything goes. 

Pour some motiva-tion on me: Summarizing reports like such take a lot of effort, so if you want to motivate me to keep publishing stuff like this please subscribe to the contraband page here.  

The data-set: What follows now is the actual data collected. (Hint: use cmd + down/up arrow for Mac or ctrl + end/home for Windows to directly scroll to the comments section/top of the post.)  

Contraband's contract cheating report.

Total value: $25,232
Total coursework:161

Coursework details

Osteo for perth university

As per the previous projects, please supply an updated document with all comments and changes made as requested

$80

Project for Daniel M.

Hi Daniel M., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$15

personal paper

personal paper about 8 page i really need help

$24 - $197

Project for Glenda Bill

Hi Glenda Bill, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$50

Engineering and Construction: Review on the powertrain of the 2018 model year -- 2

Deadline 3 days. I need 4 pages (1200 words). I need 2 different review papers on the same topic means 4 pages review paper each. I will pay 25Usd for each one. 50 USD forboth. Make sure there is 0% plagiarism and both paper look diferrent. Instructions: Please read the articles for Best 2018 Vehicles So Far ([url removed, login to view]), and write a review paper on the powertrain of the 2018 model year (at least 1,200 words). After you click the link above, you can see different categories on the right side (Small cars, SUVs, Vans, etc.), click to find a list of vehicles in each category. You need to cover at least 5 vehicles from 5 different categories. After you click on a vehicle, you can read the review on the vehicle. And, "Engine" is under the section called "Performance".

$131

Looking for a full-time Filipino MATH writer who wants a stable income.

Dear I am looking for a talented MATHS writer for a long term project (at least a year). Ideally someone who has a maths teaching or tutoring experience. You MUST BE from Filipino. I'll consider only application of people who answer to the following questions. Best regards Are you Filipino? How many hours a week are you available? Do you have an experience of Maths teaching or tutoring? Have you ever written an eBook? if so, how many pages was it? and how long did you take you to write this eBook? What kind of books do you love to read? Please name the three last books did you read?

$6 / hr

Need urgent academic writers

Need urgent two academic writers with proficiency in grammar and who has good knowledge in writing academic write-ups in APA, Harvard, MLA and Chicago writing style. No plagiarism will be allowed. This is going to be a long-term relationship and if plagiarism is found, the project will be stopped then and there. People who are not good with deadlines, please do not bid. N.B. Please bid if you know academic writing otherwise don't. Submit your previous samples along with your bid and per 500 words rates.

$399

Rdiger des articles

Je rdige des articles selon ce que vous souhaitez avoir comme contenu sur votre site, blog ou magasine, et en fonction du style d'criture qui vous plat le plus. I will help you write or rewrite your articles, based on the kind of content you want to see on your website, on your blog or on your magazine ! I will also use the writing style you fancy the most !

$168

Translate Something

I need a freelancer to help me with translation and editing from English to [url removed, login to view] topic of the content would be described as Scientific/Academic - so a freelancer with knowledge in this area would be preferable. Please perform the translation in a manner that accurately conveys the meaning of the source text and I need this delivered within no more than 6 hrs from now, please. I have about 1500 words to work on. The source format is from Microsoft Word.

$78

Project for Joyce W.

Hi Joyce W., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$14

Build an Online Store

I will need a native speaker in the US, who personally went to the top-ranked university or have experience for graduate school application, to review my PS I almost have the statement done, so if someone is free tonight will be great.

$120

Personal Statement Review for grad school

I will need a native speaker in the US, who personally went to the top-ranked university or have experience for graduate school application, to review my PS I almost have the statement done, so if someone is free tonight will be great.

$95

Environmental Remediation

I have a project that is hypothetical that involves land waste remediation. The project is as follows: Write a research paper around 15 pages that is an analysis multiple processes that can be used for the remediation of a contaminated waste site with the following characteristics: Site area 4 acres Depth to contamination in soil surface to the capillary fringe at 6 feet. Depth to groundwater and aquifer thickness 7 feet and a thickness of 25 feet unconfined Geology Braided stream deposits, fine to medium grained sand and silt. Contaminants tritium and carbon tetrachloride The analysis is to include two options representing emerging technology and two representing conventional technology for the remediation of contaminants. The analysis of the technologies investigated is to follow the 9 Superfund Criteria which is found here: [url removed, login to view]

$361

need turnitin services

Need turnitin services Monthly basis preferred.

$20

Need experienced academic writers from India01

I am looking for experienced academic writers from India. Ability to write academic papers without grammatical errors, knowledge of different formatting styles like APA, MLA, Harvard, ability to write according to the specific requirement of the clients in different fields like management ,business, health , psychology, history etc and the skillfulness to deliver quality paper within the specified time frame are the job requirements.

$18

3D IC chip research

it is about 3D IC chip: Past, present, and future.

$125

Gender doping- Issues in Sports and exercise science

Do female with high levels of testosterone should compete in the category of women in elite sports events? (Eg Olympic games) Include: IFFA laws Eg. Caster Semenya and other athletes

$140

Project for Neneth S.

Hi Neneth S., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$17

Necisito traductores y redactores de contenido - open to bidding

necesito traductores de redactadores, escritores para mis blogs. I need content writes sand translaters for my blogs.

$979

Native Writer Needed for English Literature Work

Hi i need a proficient Writer who is proficient in English Literature Word count : 2000

$27

Professional Resume and Personal Statement writer for Graduate School

I graduated from with Masters in Computer Technology in 2014. Working as a Software Consultant in TX. I want to pursue Masters in Business Analytics field, so Im applying for Top B schools and would like to get professional help with my Resume and Personal Statement.

$100

Academic Writing: US History 5 Tasks (17-31 Total Pages)

I'm in need of an native english speaker (preferably someone in the US) to complete 5 total tasks in APA style format. Each task should following the assignment guidelines and the rubric. I would need re-work as needed included in the initial project. I don't expect there to be any but after the tasks are scored, I will need all re-work requests to be completed. The completed work will need to have sources cited and 100% original composition as these will go through automated checks. Timeline: 4 Weeks Task 1: 3-6 Pages + Table Completion Task 2: 4-6 Pages Task 3: 4-8 Pages Task 4: 4-8 Pages Task 5: 2-3 Pages Please let me know if you are unclear prior to placing a bid. I will send the detailed tasks upon request. Thanks!

$352

Project for Mila D.

Hi Mila D., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$20

Need a civil engineering report

I need a report of civil engineering. No time waster.

$21

Project for sunnyfaisal2018

Hi sunnyfaisal2018, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$3 / hr

Analisis de texto en Metodologias de Tesis

Buscamos una persona con experiencia en revision de textos academicos para realizar el denotado de un corpus de metodologias provenientes de diferentes tesis en el cual queremos obtener el apartado de validacion en caso de que exista.

$29

I need an academic proof reader / editor -- 3 - 11/01/2018 21:33 EST

I have written a thesis on teaching French as Foreign Language. I have edited it, as much as I could, to comply with my university guidelines. I want an experienced academic (thesis) proofreader / editor to go through it, edit, correct typing or/and grammar error(s), and polish it to the highest academic standard. The text, including the graphs, is of about 68 pages.

$18 / hr

Proposal writer and creater of Web & mobile app development fields for job posting

I need writer and creater for my business. and this is long term contract, I will pay you prices per proposal Working way: I will show you job posting and explain to you technical stuff and you will write awesome proposals For more detail, Please discuss via interview PS: you must be fluent in english Thanks Regards

$21 / hr

CV Pharaphrase

I need you to pharaphrase a document to put in my CV. For more details please contact me

$35

Pharaphrase CV doc

I have a document that i need to paraphrase to put in my CV. very short document for further details please contact me

$31

write an managerial essay about ibm-kodak

3000 words 1500 about IBM AND 1500 about kodak ( how they work ; inner envoirnment about details contact us)

$68

Write a whitepaper for an ICO(initial coin offering)

Write a white paper for a new ICO/cryto-currency. The paper will describe how a new crypto-coin called SolEx will be be tied to an online solar project exchange. The crypto-coin will put the solar project exchange on the block chain which will make it so that the transactions/bids/entries etc can not be hacked. My background is Chair of the Solar Business Festival. I be using those connections to promote this coin during the pre-ICO Feel free to ask me questions

$232

content writing, academic writing, logo design, interior design, exterior design

Academia Buddy is a freelance company that deals in various kinds of services. Our main aim is to deliver a high quality of products and satisfy clients effectively. It has been recognised as one of the prominent full service in content writer, interior & exterior designing, Graphic designing, Academic writing, Web Design & Development. We have a client at both regional and international level. Our Company has been amidst the action of empowering and facilitating various sectors with top of line serving for more than 1 Year.

$141

Academic Research about Innovative cluster in Israel

We are looking for a dedicated researcher with a background in the technology sector of Israel (native Hebrew speaker) available 80-120 hours in the next few month. The objective is to evaluate Israeli economic success and find its most important empirical components/attributes, which helped to create such a fruitful environment and contributed much to the formation of start-up ecosystem.

$48 / hr

Academic Essay

Need an academic essay of 2000 words written for uni project. Further details would be provided in private message.

$44

CV Work and Summarise

I need you to write up a short paper on a subject that has to do with my CV. For furthermore details please contact me

$49

Letter for University Acceptance

it is better to talk in private about this project, because it is interactive issue

$82

Publishing In journal arabic thesis

I have master thesis, I would like to publish it as paper ( task it to reformulate it to be ready for publishing then assisting in publishing

$200

Data Analysis

Questionaire analysis using descriptive analysis and a conclusion

$29

Tamil Academic writing - open to bidding

Hello, I Need to create quiz type questions from Tamil elementary syllabus.I will give you some sample. If you are interested. Please let me know. Thanks,

$4 / hr

review a researche and rewrite any plagiarismed sentence

I need you to review a researche and write some parts ,check and fix any plagiarism (rewrite) then provide TURNITIN report.

$28

Plagiatsprfung Lektorat

Ich suche eine kompetente und erfahrene Person, die meine Bachelorarbeit einer Plagiatsprfung unterziehen kann, Korrekturlesen kann und die Quellen an die richtige Stelle schreibt

$23

Design Aptitude questions for almost all Indian competitive exams like GMAT,CAT,SSC,BANK,IBPS and others

I am looking for someone who can provide me fifteen thousand topic wise Aptitude questions which include quant, data interpretation, verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions that should prepare students for SSC, Bank, IBPS, GRE, GMAT, CAT and other types of Indian competitive [url removed, login to view] freelancer must be an expert in creating such questions .Show me samples of your previous work and give me a fair [url removed, login to view] not bid without a proposal .

$140

Summarise

I need to summarise my own report so that i can then add it to my CV. Very short 2-3 pages max summarisation. For more details please contact me

$34

PTE Sample test

Create a sample test that is based on the Pearson Test of English Academic. All material created must be original. More work may be availabe if wor is satisfactory.

$105

civil project content writing

I need you to write some content for a website.

$317

Markering plan

Marketing plan

$154

political writing

I need you to write a research article.I need you to write a report for something. 2500 words

$146

an assignment

writing 8 pages, you'll see the file

$50

Aptitude questions for all Indian examinations

Looking for questions related to prepare students for all common government and non-government competitive examinations both verbal and non-verbal. The questions need to match the ages from grade 6 to bachelor degree and current affairs is an addon. Interested experienced eminent people in this domain ONLY should contact.

$401

lil project

all the details will be in the files, its 8 pages written task, will send more details in the chat message

$36

Blog content writing for a climbing website

We'd like to create more valuable content to our costumers using our website. Its important that you have a relation to the climbing environment. Can be you are sports climbing indoor or outdoors or are doing bouldering in you spare time. A few examples of some material could be the following: - Guides on how to train for climbing - how to set a route for 1st time climbers - Injury prevention - Maintenance guides for climbing gear - .... And many more. Along the way we will organise the content topics that makes the most sense. My Idea is to have some one that can work on a regular basis to make the right content flow consistently. A fixed price per content piece can be agreed.

$127

Project for Sam R.

Hi Sam R., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat. I need a few articles written

$39

Research and Technical writer

Hello, everyone please help me out to write something on my research project where some techncology knowledge is required. I am looking for freelancer who can deliver me quality work on my thesis research work.

$356

escribir unos articulos - open to bidding - Repost - open to bidding

Hola Max, Estoy buscando un "Provider of high quality content" por mi nuevo blog en espanol... sera un periodico digital hablando de politica, sociedad, sports, Viral .... en Espaa y precisamente en Catalua... La verdad es que busco un socio a largo tiempo y no un solo rewriting de un articulo o dos.. si te conviene, empezamos por un pequeno ejercicio.. quiero que re escrives este articulo: - [url removed, login to view] Quiero que el nuevo articulo sea en unos 500 palabras divididos en cuatro/cinco subtitulos y una introduccion Espero encontrar un socio lo mas antes posible un saludo.

$22

Fintech Reserch and buimess plan assignemnt eassy

I need you to write a research article about robo advisory and buiness plan

$109

Report Project 2

It must be a written report related E-Business.

$120

IEEE Senior Member or Fellow

Hi, We are looking for an IEEE Senior Member or Fellow to help review a membership pack for a Partner at a large management consulting firm. Please send through any details you may have e.g. CV. Thanks Mark

$301

Wikipedia Artist Page

To make me a Wikipedia Artist page

$166

Report Project

It is a written report related E-Business.

$117

Group Counselling

benefits and challenges of group counselling VS one-on-one counselling .

$35

Proofred my article

There are several English articles writings that I combined in one article and translated in German, but my employer didn't liked it and he insists that article is written like the native german writer wrote it. I'm student and my budget is not so high, therefore I can't offer bigger price then this and it is a big article. It is over 6000 words, but I do not need someone who is going to read everything and edit it. I need native german who will point me to mistakes and explain to me, so I can edit them and improve my german and do further project without any problem. Only native German freelancers are required.

$35

papers required from universities

i want this essays for someone will enter bachelor degree cover letter curriculum vitae motivation letter (at leastet 2000 words) Statement of Purpose (at leastet 2500 words) 3 of recommendation letters study plan personal statement with no plagrasm

$68

Research Writing: Need a research on strategic marketing done in 4 days.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT BID UNTIL YOU HAVE READ ALL BELOW INSTRUCTIONS AND ATTACHED INSTRUCTION SHEET. "[url removed, login to view]". IF YOU ARE BUSY DO NOT BID IF YOU CANNOT DEDICATE 2 TO 3 DAYS TO THIS JOB DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE OTHER TASKS/PROJECTS DO NOT BID IF YOU OR INTEND TO OUTSOURCE THIS TO SOME OTHER WRITER, DO NOT BID. YOU WILL NOT GET PAID IF YOU DONT DEDICATE TIME AND READ/WRITE ACCURATE DETAILED PAPER. GENERIC AND PARAPHRASED WRITING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT ALL. AND YOU WILL NOT GET PAID IF YOU JUST PROVIDE UNRELATED PARAPHRASED WRITINGS. Only Tracked Hours with screen shots on [url removed, login to view] desktop app will be paid. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I Need a professional writer/researcher to help perform academic research on strategic marketing. Includes reading journal papers and writing a 2500-word report. FREELANCER MUST PROVIDE DAILY UPDATE OF PROGRESS. DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE BUSY OR HAVE LOTS OF WORK. must be familiar with: 1) Harvard style referencing and citation. 2) Must use academic journal papers as sources. no junk sources can be used. 3) must use at least 8 sources Journal papers as source 4) Experience in academic writing 5) knowledge in MARKETING STRATEGY THEORIES 6) experience in turnitin 7) should present sample research papers done before on strategic marketing. 😎 should read attached material on strategic marketing to produce a relevant paper 9) follow formatting and style of attached sample paper "sample [url removed, login to view]" detailed instructions attached here in the file "instructions". DEADLINE IN IN 4 DAYS after award. late papers will not be accepted. paper is useless to me if submitted late. Write the phrase I READ IT ALL at beginning of your proposal so that I know you have read all instructions. If you dont, your bid is ignored. NO COPY/PASTE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED WORK MUST SCORE LESS THAN 20% on TURNITIN SHOW ME SAMPLES OF YOUR RELATED WORK IF YOU WANT THIS JOB Best of luck to all

$9 / hr

Project for Pen Man

Hi Pen Man, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$24

Project for Bobbie C.

Hi Bobbie C., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$3 / hr

Project for Mila D.

Hi Mila D., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$47

Advertise my psychic website

I need my websitw heavily advertised to bring in customers. You will do publishing on your own and be compensated. Must make it so im found in search engines. The site is [url removed, login to view]

$68

Project for Glenda Bill

Hi Glenda Bill, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$263

Technical Writer For Long Project

I am looking for a technical writer for long term projects. New freelancers are also welcome. I will deeply check your bid proposal so write accordingly. Tell me about your expertise and qualification.

$7 / hr

Cour franais juridique / curso de francs jurdico.

Bonjour, je cherche un manuel ou des materiaux d'un cour de franais juridique. Ol, procuro um manual ou material de umcurso de francs jurdico.

$156

Project for Mila D.

$79

Use case diagram, claass diagram, prototyping

Assingment for Msc in Information System.

$178

Enterprise Modelling

It is an enterprise modelling i need 2500 word.

$145

Spanish Essay writers

I need a essay of 5 pages in Spanish. I need that to be done within next 24 hours. interested person may apply please.

$26

Write some articles

I need an experienced who has ever dealt with essayshark to write me a 550-word essay. You must be extremely good in English and MLA/APA styles. NO JOKERS please!

$22

Project for Glenda Bill

Hi Glenda Bill, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over

$265

Write highly academic article (practitioner article), 1-2 days

Mobile ticketing systems and value creation/proposition in the public transportation industry (some files attached please try to reference from these as much as you can, (write on the deliverables, with the deliverables 1&2 related and 3 on its own. and also a conclusion, with citation and references (Harvard style)) Deliverables 1. trends and innovations in mobile ticketing systems in the transportation industry 2. Compare the innovations and the trends and also highlight their individual customer value propositions for the innovations and trends you spoke about. please you have to talk about the systems used by Suresh Sankarananrayanan &hamilton, deka chandra and ravi prakash, and other theories and innovations in my references 3. talk on the consequences/benefits of stakeholder( Public transport operators (pto's) and riders (customers). implementing one of the above value propositions and which would lead to more adoption rates by PTO's (i have articles attached about technology adoption, Achieve this well and in time and i have another available .

$88

interior design material specification Writer

we require material specification and documentation writer for our upcoming residential interior design projects.

$91

new workbook plan

its workbook plan, make from the presentation slides use that as a material and also a roster.

$26

Urgent Writer Need -- 59122

Hello Looking for writer who start work now. Must be familiar with referencing style.

$26

SWOT analysis for organization

Conduct a SWOT analysis of an organization.

$83

Policy memo short 700-900 words

The policy memo must identify and briefly explain the factors that shape/shaped a specific state's foreign policy decision-making during a "critical juncture" in that state's international relations. I will send more information in a personal message. The work due date is 1st of January.

$113

Forum task - 28/12/2017 05:47 EST

filling out the template with the requirement info

$22

Calculation of Value at Risk

Please find the attached find and bid only if you can solve the problem. I would like to have the complete problem solved first.. [url removed, login to view]

$23

Meta-analysis in Pharmacology

We have a scientific article about Meta-analysis, we would like an expert to summarize the article showing the advantages, disadvantages, how the study was performed, and inclusion and exclusion criteria.

$39

technical project -3

technical project which requires skills in matlab and research writing. More details in chat.

$27

Drama Unit

I need you to write a report for something.

$27

Need Academic Writers -- 2

I need Indian Academic writers. Writers must have 1 year expirence in academic writing. We give you INR500 for 1000 words. Only interested candidate apply others dont rush.

$19

Research proposal in digitalization

I am looking for someone who is familiar with the emerging digital phenomena and technologies to map out a research proposal.

$124

Writing a book

I am a very busy mom, a student and a worker. I want to write a book about my culture and people. I want to tell people about my people and our history. I have great ideas and plans of how to go with this and how to get this done. I need a native english speaker who can help write all these plans that i have into a great book starting with writing articles. English is not my native language but am highly educated and know perfectly how i want the work to be done for me. I am currently writing my thesis and therefore, have no time and will have to source someone for this book project.

$2,833

Jazz Research Work

Hello, I require some analysis done on sounds in certain clips. Urgent need. Thank you!

$30

ASAP :-Needed Top-Tier Journal Article - PHD Academic quality

I need a freelancer that can write a PhD Academic quality paper for a Top-Tier Journal Article in Mangement. PS: I NEED A SAMPLE OF YOUR PREVIOUS WORK (PUBLISHED WORK IS PREFERRED) NEEDED ASAP

$21 / hr

Need PDFs of Books

I need PDF of following Books on urgent basis- quick money 1. Financial Reporting Handbook 2017 Australia 2. Auditing, Assurance and Ethics Handbook 2017 Australia quick payment on submission of PDFs

$16

Write 80k words; course 'Practical psychology'

We would like to offer a comprehensive insight into psychology; both fundamentals and shortly describing what special fields of psychology are about (so for example that people have a good idea what clinical psychology is without knowing into detail what it is about). What is important is that the learnings from the course are easily transferred into practice. Shortlisted freelancers will come up with a table of content. There will be 20 to 24 lessons and every lesson will have the same structure (we provide the template for this). Preferably someone with a background in psychology will be our author. Plagiarism will result in no payout (everything will be checked). When you bid, please come up with an achievable time frame and price. The price you bid is your price and is not negotiable.

$2,034

Academic poster - 13/12/2017 07:20 EST

Produce a poster which accurately and concisely summarise a journal article of your choice (Jary, D. and Thomas, L. (1999) 'Widening participation and lifelong learning: rhetoric or reality? The role of research and the reflexive practioner'. Widening participation and Lifelong Learning, 1(1), pp.1-10).

$114

Project for loisemutua

Hi loisemutua, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$271

Research Writing

Implementing a Global Business Technology Plan

$95

Debrief on Capsim

Debrief on Capsim simulation decisions

$107

IT project

I need someone who is a good writer and have a good background of IT

$35

paraphrasing and updating of a literature review document about project finance

- paraphrase literature review on project finance spread analysis - update the literature review since the document is old (year 2012) and also add literarture review on general project finance

$46

Project report

I need project report for my academic. Please find the guidelines and topics.

$43

correction

INTERNET OF THINGS FOR SMART HOUSE

$22

distributed database design and report writing

You will be writing reports and designing Distributed Database Systems and Data Warehouse Systems. Please check the attach file before bidding

$70

Professional Content and Academic Writers- urgent

I am looking for experienced content and academic writers with previous writing experience. The writer should be able to deliver QUALITY and TIMELY work. If you cannot adhere to these conditions, please do not bid as the project will be terminated. Apply with previous samples. The rate is $5-7 per 1000 words. Happy bidding!

$2,064

smart pls work

We have some work on Smart Pls

$31

Report about TCP IP Methods

There are some algorithms that measure pocket traffic in TCP/IP programming. You are going to find 5 scientific magazine article which is related the methods that you used in the codes ( Drop-Tail and Random Early Detection methods which in Active Queue Management class) . And you are going to find 5 sources (that can be thesis/article/book) . You are going to summarize this 5 scientific magazine article and the sources that you read. You are going to create a report that include subject expression and graphical result of the programs. Also you need to draw flow diagrams that you used in your program. The report should be at least 10 pages without cover, contents and references. You are not allowed to use websites as reference.

$77

Help me write something

I'm an electrical engineer , I need some help with a project that is specified in semiconductor.

$21

Project for John M. - Repost - open to bidding

Hi John M., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$173

1k word paper on terrorism and Media

I need a 1k word essay based on a reading on terrorism. DUE DATE: 11/29 9pm EST (in 32 hours)

$33

- interiorhall.od.ua -- 2

- interiorhall.od.ua. , . !!! .

$23

I need a book publisher

I am a professor in University of Mumbai. I would like to use my knowledge and spread it throughout my 1000+ students by writing a book in my subject. I specialize in Botany - Plant Taxonomy and need help in publishing my book by June 2018

$393

Creating Content - designer

Voluntario para colaborar en el proyecto Creating Content: creador de insumos digitales y produccin de texto sociales. Proyecto de experimentacin.

$19

Good opportunity for Civil Engineers

you are required to create some reports those are relied on some data

$94

Project for Sara N.

Hi ssb2131, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$111 / hr

Project for Muhammad S.

Hi Muhammad S., I noticed your post and I hope my profile will suit. We can discuss any details over chat.

$24

A big order; Need to hire professional Writers; Native English Speaking -- 6

Hi.. I'm in need of top class writers. If you've ever worked on iwriter you're given first priority. Work is available on daily basis. So bid being sure to work daily. I offer $ 3 per 1000 words. But the rate may be increased as time goes. New freelancers are welcome to bid.

$21

Research methodology and design

The topic is about IT field, need to do some literature review and research methodology design. About 2500 words, in 2 days Budget: $40

$61

Report Writing

To wire a report for my LPG Gas detection [url removed, login to view] the LPG level is greater than certain level, the system will detect the LPG gas leakage. The system will auto turn off the valve, to control the gas flow using solenoid and Turn on the Exhaust fan to reduce the LPG concentration in air. In addition to that, the system uses a GSM module to notify the user through SMS. The client receives message once the system detects the gas leakage and after it normalised. The report would be between 20000-25000 words and report needed on 18th December.

$177

Project for Kajal S.

Hi Kajal S., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$271

Pre medical questionnaire preparation

Hello I need somebody who can prepare Pre-Medical questionnaire on mention category "Logical test" "Aptitude Test" and "Non-verbal Reasoning"

$347

Project for Shuaishuai G.

Hi Shuaishuai G., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$265

Carbon nanomaterials -- 2

I need a proposal for a research about carbon nanomatrials (only one page)

$27

History- Ancient History

*Who can do a great work for $1.5* Hindu Way of Life" Please respond to the following: Explain the key ways in which the teachings of the Vedas influence the daily lives of Hindus. Reply Quote be min 150 words

$23

Project for Glenda Bill -- 2

Hi Glenda Bill, I am hoping you could do 2 more projects similar to the one you've done for me before. Let me know if you're up for it, and I'll send you the details for each.

$100

Project for Glenda Bill -- 2

$92

PhD writer in science education

Hi, i am looking for a phd writer in science education

$56

The Effectiveness and Acceptance of Telemetry in Intensive Care Unit

I uploaded two file. One is my research and the other one is the requirements. Reading the requirement is very important for me. must understand all the requirements and complete the blanket. There is a strong competition for the best work. Meeting the requirement will help me to get the best work. It is preferred using my research information to compete the form or as needed.

$132

Redesign a research proposal and presentation

We are looking for someone experience in research proposal design. Research proposal redesign- Redesign research proposal and presentation as per requirement ($ 30-50). We prefer candidates who have prior experience in grant writing.

$47

Project for Jessica Flair

Hi Jessica Flair, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$12

Academic poster

Produce a poster which accurately and concisely summarise a journal article of your choice (Jary, D. and Thomas, L. (1999) 'Widening participation and lifelong learning: rhetoric or reality? The role of research and the reflexive practioner'. Widening participation and Lifelong Learning, 1(1), pp.1-10).

$135

Operations question help.

Please help me answers questions there are 15 Multiple choice. you need tell me how to Solve the question.

$98

Need a US Person for Virtual Assistant

Hello , i need a US person to assist me in different tasks ... More details will be shared with suitable candidate ***People of Other Countries aren't encouraged to BID***

$163

Write text mail for sell products

Write text mail for sell products

$335

learner workbooks

its fro material which one will be provieded.

$36

Project for bhushanzz

Hi bhushanzz, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$318

Business Intelligence - Data Mining, forecasting

Need someone able to to be ablevto complete questions about partitioning clustering, MLP, and k-NN

$161

Urgent Writer Need -- 97857 - 04/12/2017 19:23 EST

Hello Looking for writer who start work now. Must be familiar with referencing style.

$23

Investigative Reporter

Looking to investigate probably legal corruption from a CPA, an attorney and/or a judge

$33 / hr

Global Public Health

HELP LEARNING ABOUT Dengue in Thailand

$87

Project for Bryn B.

Hi Bryn B., I need your help in writing a speech for me for the year-end presentation. let me know how can you help me? Azeem

$32

Ebook and relationship

Adding 2,000 word about self help/ relationship with a female and structure an 10 chapter ebook

$134

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of studying at an international university.

1000 word essay with Harvard style and avoid plagiarism with references

$51

Project for Abdelrhman A.

Hi Abdelrhman A., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$14

Research writing

Game Theory for Stock Market Selling Price Optimization 5 pages Due in 5 hours

$33

Project for Shipra G.

Hi Shipra G., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$265

I need three reports written in Psychology topics

Report 1 topic: Assertivity, aggresivity and submisivity in communication Report 2 topic: Sexology Report 3 topic: What or how it feels like to be blind +++They all should be 2 pages, font size 12 and gaps not more than 1.5

$58

Academic writing Ikea

Details will be forwarded in the chat box

$874

Project for Glenda Bill

$4 / hr

Project for Stephen W.

Hi stephenwaititu, I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$8 / hr

Information Technology Writing -1 - 04/12/2017 15:06 EST

Hello, I need someone proficient in the Information Technology Field. Specifically to write about System Development and Security, Ethical, and social issues in IT. Please only bid if you are knowledgeable and experience in this field. Thank you

$75

Project 5a for perthuniversity

As prevously discussed this is for EDU paper to complete the results section and develop the discussion along with an abstract

$69

Write the "Findings" section of a survey evaluation report for a non profit

I have collected some data from a few projects and did a basic frequency count of the answers. Based on this information I need the finding section to be written up. synthesizing the information to answer a few key evaluation questions in a professional and academic tone. More details will be provided for hire. The project may expand if the first task is completed well.

$31

Lean Operations

Evaluate the implications for operations management in organizations that operate internationally. For this assignment, you will select and assess the same type of product from two different firms, such as an SUV vehicle from Toyota, and BMW. (NOTE: You cannot use the automotive industry, so pick another industry that operates internationally.) In a 5-6-page paper, defend the organizations production processes, customer interaction in those processes, if applicable, and the technologies used in production. Judge each organizations commitment to quality and excellence, as well as the process used for measuring quality. Describe each of the selected organizations inventory methodologies and model(s), and any areas for improvement. Describe each of the selected organizations movements toward lean processes or Six Sigma, and how these impact the culture, efficiency, and success of each organization. Finally, compare and contrast each companys production processes, customer interactions in those processes, and technologies used in production. Be sure to use at least two current, scholarly references beyond any required course readings. Current sources are those published within the most recent five-year period, and scholarly sources are those from peer-reviewed journals. Make certain for each listed reference that you have at least one supporting citation in the body of your content. Your reference page is always the last page of the submission where all individual references get listed. The Saudi Digital Library is a good resource to search for these references. Submit your presentation into the Assignment Dropbox.

$50

Economic article on cantillon effect on john lock's credit theorem

I would like a short article about 200 words on the cantillon effect 17th century credit system.

$28

Economics Thesis (field of marketing)

Thesis writing, field of economics/marketing. topic is concerning current trends in food production. 40 pages without appendixes.

$1,102

Write a Booklet On U.S. Secure Homes Topic

Hello, Looking for a freelance writer who can research and write a booklet about Secure Homes from an architects / designers perspective. The title should be in the form of a question and the style of writing as answering that question along with at least 9 other questions in regards to secure home design and construction. You would need to do a little research for the project. I am looking for something between 2,500 - 3,000 words. Deadline would be 2-3 days upon project acceptance. I also have some other projects that I need to get done as soon as possible so this could mean more work if you are interested and do these type of projects. Links with information on and about Secure Homes and bunkers: [url removed, login to view] - report [url removed, login to view] - info. [url removed, login to view] - info. [url removed, login to view] - shelter manufacturer Notes: My Niche for this booklet: Architecture, residential, Secure Homes, $500k-$2 mil., Modern Design I am a Professional Building Designer. I just always use home design, residential design or just design. Note: Bid on this project if you have already written any Booklet or if you are familiar with booklet writing, otherwise your bid will be hidden. Happy bidding Smiley Happy Thanks

$92

i am in need of any pHD in IR..??

HELLO.. i am in need of any expert who is phd in IR international relations??

$1,888

Project for Vincent O.

Hi Vincent O., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$272

Project for Mary M.

Hi Mary M., I noticed your profile and would like to offer you my project. We can discuss any details over chat.

$56

35 Comments
michellez
Community Contributor

waaaseee‌ - WOW. This is eye-opening to say the least. I am not one who is typically naive to this type of activity but what your crawler has found is more than I imagined. I have heard about this type of cheating and I think it is difficult to catch, but if caught, I can only imagine the academic discipline faced for both sides (this assumes, of course, that the hired help is also a student or someone with a close tie to an academic institution). I teach at a law school.  There is a strict code of academic conduct that must be followed.  In addition, attorneys and attorneys-to-be have a strict moral code of professional responsibility.  A finding of engagement in cheating of any kind could prevent admission to the bar. I would love to know how much of this is on a graduate level. For instance, the writing assignments looking for MLA or other similar citation formats are most likely seeking assistance for undergraduate projects.  If there were any mentioning the words "law, legal, legal writing or Bluebook," this would suggest that the assignment is a law school project seeking another law student or a skilled lawyer. I am glad you brought up this discussion. I am curious to see more from the crawler! #contract cheating

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Thanks for sharing this; it is a very important issue. 

I would agree that poor writing skills and insecurity about that is a HUGE motivator in students engaging in these practices.

How to fix that? I have two suggestions:

1. Stop punitive grading. Instead of punishing students for their poor writing skills, we need to assess where they are at and help them to improve. They need to be able to share their mistakes (not hide them), and we need to help them learn from their mistakes.

2. Create meaningful, semester-long writing experiences. Instead of meaningless writing assignments that just end up in the virtual trash can, we need writing assignments that are part of a larger process, including lots of revision based on feedback from the instructor and from other readers.

Very few faculty members at my school know anything about teaching writing. College professors are, in general, skilled, confident writers, and they don't really know how to help students who are struggling with their writing. Yet that is most students! 

Here is how the semester-long writing project works in my classes:

Online Course Wiki / Projects

Here are the kinds of writing challenges I ask students to choose from during revision weeks:

Grow Your Writing: Revision Challenges 

And here is a website (blog) with some of the writing materials I have prepared to help my students:

Online Course Lady: Writing Laboratory 

Our failure to do a solid job of teaching writing in college is one of the greatest failures in higher education today in my opinion. And these paper mills are further proof of that failure.

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

@michellez ‌, I would say that your efforts to move away from high-stakes assignments to a more process-oriented approach is a big part of the solution to this problem! 🙂

michellez
Community Contributor

Thank you laurakgibbs- I love that you focus on how to FIX the problem! 

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Thanks for commenting...I'll definitely keep an eye out for keywords you mentioned..I was actually thinking of making of subject/subject comparison via an infographic? You think that is a good idea  @michellez ? 

waaaseee
Community Contributor

You're so right about including about teaching writing as a meaningful solution. Do you feel, however, that due to the weight of courses and time constraints instructors might not be able to allot the time required to teach writing along with the course itself? I think this is a place where AI has huge potential to intervene and augment. 

michellez
Community Contributor

waaaseee  Yes, I think that's a great idea - although iI hope it is not too much work for you.

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Time is a big part of it, and if instructors have limited time, then they should design their courses to make best use of that time. Having all the students turn in 10-page papers at the end of the semester is probably the worst way to do that. Instead, shorten the writing and spread it out so that you are reading and responding to some amount of student writing every week, and design your course based on the effort you can make.

Another option: make the writing assignments optional, allowing students to demonstrate knowledge/skills in other ways besides writing. That way, you are left with the students who want to work on their writing, and you can spend your time working with students on their writing who actually want to devote time to their writing also.

AI cannot assess writing or respond to it in meaningful ways, but AI can help in monitoring student progress/success in other kinds of activities that are more objective / less subjective. If you want to use AI, you need to find student work that is AI-compatible. Writing is not one of those areas. But there are LOTS of ways that students can demonstrate skills/knowledge, and adaptive testing so that you are building truly accurate, reliable tests that measure student performance is a great use of AI.

dhulsey
Community Champion

laurakgibbs‌,

I believe the company waaaseee works for is interested in the ways AI can work with writing. Check out this page on what appears to be their key product: Serum: Detect contract cheating with behavioral analytics | Slate. It is an interesting approach for sure, and I am curious about it, but it makes me think of a digital Panopticon. Smiley Happy  

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

That is something very different: it is not about giving feedback to students ABOUT their writing, to improve their writing. There are some AI projects out there which claim to "help" students with automated feedback, like the Lightside Lab project that TurnItin bought and is now marketing as Revision Assistant. I've written extensively about Lightside and engaged in long conversations online with their lead developer. It's a terrible application of machine learning in my opinion, and with the way TurnItIn is marketing it, it will become even worse than the original Lightside project (more automated, with even less room for true AI / machine learning).

I'm not really interested in plagiarism policing in any form; that's policing, not teaching. But I know it is a big business.

Meanwhile, I really appreciate the way that waaaseee‌ has initiated some fantastic discussions here. Just because I do not believe in automated policing for plagiarism does not mean I am not interested in the topic, and I have really enjoyed all these discussions!

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Having a 10 page paper turnt in is the norm, at least from what I experience. A key reason for that (from what I have observed) is that most instructors just want to see what the student ended up with, due to time or motivational issues.

For example, a dissertation supervisor would be happy in reading in chunks but not, say, an under-graduate social science professor who has like way many students and they want their students to feel life in the "grown up lane" so hate to spoon feed etc. Law is one area where I think people are expected to have strong writing skills, and I hope  @michellez  will chime-in about chunked assessments.

I don't think, however, that making written assessments optional will work for everyone. For some degrees/courses it seems certain that writing/research skills are too essential to deem optional. As someone who essentially teaches language I'd love to know what  @dhulsey ‌ thinks about this.

I wonder if having students read each others' chunk of writing is an elegant solution to this though.

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

If instructors only want to see what students ended up with, then that is not TEACHING writing. It will only work if students are strong, confident, independent writers. And... at least at my school... they are not. For lots of reasons.

I believe in the teaching of writing, and if instructors don't know how to do that, then they can/should learn. There are lots of ways to improve writing dimensions of a class that do NOT take more time. But they do take more teaching skills.

Research skills and writing skills are VERY different, and I think we would do well to separate them: teach research skills, teach writing skills, but don't necessarily bundle them. And if research skills matter more than writing skills (and often they do), then be honest about that and find ways for students to produce research products that are not formal end-of-semester papers. Annotated bibliographies, etc. Lots of options.

Having students read each other's writing is valuable, but you cannot expect them to do the work of an instructor. I rely a lot of student-to-student feedback for motivation, encouragement, brainstorming, etc., but it's very different from the kind of feedback students get from me, and teaching students HOW to give good feedback is another task to add to the list of teaching tasks; you can't just tell students "give feedback" and expect it will go well. I spend two weeks helping students get ready both to give and receive feedback, and of course I do tons of modeling when it comes to feedback.

Here are my two assignments for getting students ready to do feedback work:

Online Course Wiki / Receiving Feedback 

Online Course Wiki / Giving Feedback 

Weaving growth mindset throughout my course design is another big way I help students to appreciate the value of mistakes, the role of feedback in learning, etc. Here are the "feedback cats" for example (often inspired by useful infographics):

Growth Mindset Resources: Feedback Cats 

Feedback tells me to try harder.

Feedback tells me to try harder. mama cat and kitten.

michellez
Community Contributor

Thanks waaaseee - you're right about law school and strong writing skills.  The legal writing professors have students begin writing and analysis right away and it is important that they obtain feedback and review so that they can improve.  Chunking has recently been addressed at our faculty meetings and I have started using chunking in for one assignment.  For instance, this semester, I am having the students submit a portion of an appellate brief for one assessment and then the remainder for the final assessment. In past years, the whole project was submitted all together.

In many ways it's nice for the students to concentrate on one portion at a time. They can focus on cases and legal issues that pertain only to that particular part of the assignment. I have some concerns, however, about their understanding of the entire project as a whole and learning how the pieces fit together. I will be happy to share my findings once I complete the grading for the semester. 

#formative assessment#summative assessment

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Just out of curiosity,  @michellez ‌, how do you find the balance between feedback for content, for style, and for writing mechanics...?

Admittedly, my students are not law students, but they are graduating seniors, some of them hoping to become law students, and all of them are dealing with some writing mechanics deficits. Some of them have really big areas to work on (especially punctuation and the kinds of spelling errors that spellcheck is no help with).

michellez
Community Contributor

Hi laurakgibbs‌. I can understand completely.  Unfortunately, many of the students at my institution have severe writing deficiencies.  We have a wonderful Writing Center to help with common basic writing mechanics like punctuation and grammar. Individually, we provide instruction on this as well and detailed feedback for every assessment.  We specialize in legal writing, which incorporates legal analysis so the feedback is specifically designed to this style. It is sometimes a struggle to find a balance because they must learn the skills for the course but they also need feedback on some of the basics in order to get there. 

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

I am so glad to hear you are helping with that!!! I work a lot on sentence-level feedback, and many students have told me they have never gotten help with that before. I actually enjoy it (I find writing errors of all kinds to be fascinating... I am a frustrated linguist at heart), and one of my big motivations for doing no grading is to make sure students realize that I mean it when I say they will not be punished for mistakes: instead, I will give them feedback on that so they can have the chance to practice, revise, and learn the things that, for whatever reason, they did not learn (were not taught?) in school before. 

It's through that kind of work I realize the importance of human readers and human feedback. Punctuation often depends on the meaning of a sentence, so if the machine doesn't understand the meaning, it's not going to know how to punctuate the sentence properly.

Students are often surprised to find out that Microsoft Word grammar check is NOT enough... same also for Grammarly, WriteCheck and all these other services that will take students' money without giving them fully accurate or fully reliable writing feedback in return. And false positives and false negatives do so much damage that, for many students, using grammar checking software is one of the worst possible things they can do.

dhulsey
Community Champion

waaaseee‌, I teach about 200 students per term and teach First year composition and sophomore literature at a community college. I evaluate both process and end product. I ask for prewriting / scaffolding work and rough drafts and I read it all. I offer detailed and personalized feedback on it. I am not terribly eager to be replaced by an AI. I am interested in making my feedback better and more timely. Right now, here are the feedback tools I use in various assignments: rubrics, reusable comments (Turnitin QuickMarks or snippets saved in a clipboard manager), audio feedback, video feedback. Sometimes, I will even pick up the phone and call students.  

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Yes, I am definitely interested in how AI can work with writing and definitely in contract cheating/cheating as well (a very emotional topic for me).

Anyways, I felt that "plagiarism-detection" software do very little to actually help with a student's writing/learning hence we started Slate.ink by writing Slate Desktop . For example, citations are extremely confusing for students and we've tried to reduce the complexity involved around it. I mean look at this: Auto-complete for citations, it makes adding scholarly references as easy as mentioning someone on Canvas (or Twitter for that matter!). It really makes me happy, when people smile when they see it for the first time.

As for Serum, thanks for you curiosity  @dhulsey f you'd like I can send you credentials for a demo account.

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Is this the same assessment you mentioned in your low-stakes assesment blog post?

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

Yes yes yes on reusable comments... copy-paste-customize. That has been the key for me, including lots of links to help pages I've created on the problems I most often see. And the customizing is key: I copy-and-paste the generic text but then I adapt it since I'm going to say something quite different to a professional writing major than to an engineering major than to an international student working on English as a new language etc. etc.

That's because I get to know my students. That's human intelligence, not artificial. 🙂

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Stole the words right out of my mouth! It's so strange that people forget that the "A" in A.I stands for "artificial" not "actual" lol

waaaseee
Community Contributor

It's not that much work really..I have to write out code just once Smiley Happy

waaaseee
Community Contributor

You are one of the few people who actually talk about learning from your students, as much as they learn from you. It's very refreshing.

And, yeah, I was wrong to lump research/writing in one category. But usually writing is involved in courses where research is involved because all of the research has to be documented and reflected on etc.

I mean from the auction bids I have shared above it is very apparent that lack of writing skills seems to be the primary motivator for cheating of this sort. To sum it all up, you advocate that a sustainable solution is to teach students to write better rather than policing them? Am I right?

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

YES: to ask students to do writing is very different from HELPING them to learn to write well.

What's great about writing is that everybody can learn to improve their writing (and that includes me). So, there's always something for everyone in the class to do as they work on their writing skills. And that includes me too! 🙂

As for motivation: I would say it is the combination of lack of writing skills AND fear of being punished by bad grades as a result of that lack of skills.

Plus boredom.

Boredom is an ANTI-motivator. 🙂

blaise_mitsutam
Community Member

I just found this thought-provoking post and discussion thread. So many thoughts are swirling in my brain right now, I can hardly express myself coherently. 

First, about the web crawler and its results: It can certainly be useful to crawl through raw data to identify tendencies and areas for potential follow-up. However, similar to spam/junk email filters, the algorithms may misidentify messages and require constant fine-tuning and learning.

For example, in reading through the actual messages, some are potentially not related to contract cheating.:

I need a book publisher

I am a professor in University of Mumbai. I would like to use my knowledge and spread it throughout my 1000+ students by writing a book in my subject. I specialize in Botany - Plant Taxonomy and need help in publishing my book by June 2018

And others sound more like requests for tutoring than outright cheating:

Proofred my article

There are several English articles writings that I combined in one article and translated in German, but my employer didn't liked it and he insists that article is written like the native german writer wrote it. I'm student and my budget is not so high, therefore I can't offer bigger price then this and it is a big article. It is over 6000 words, but I do not need someone who is going to read everything and edit it. I need native german who will point me to mistakes and explain to me, so I can edit them and improve my german and do further project without any problem. Only native German freelancers are required.

$35

Secondly, I love how this discussion has evolved into being about supporting students. I've learned some new ways to help students improve their writing just from the ideas and resources in this discussion. Also, importantly, I've gotten some great ideas to support instructors as well.

There are so many reasons that students struggle with their writing. Depending on class size, it can be overwhelming for instructors to provide the individual support that some students need. Pride, personality, socialization, culture, available resources, access to transportation, and so many other factors can affect a student's ability or willingness to get help. And, regrettably, some students didn't learn, or weren't taught, the importance and foundations of clear, concise, well-formed, and organized writing from the beginning.

As an instructor/instructional designer, whenever possible I provide alternatives for students to present what they've learned, both for accessibility and Universal Design for Learning. However, some fields require a minimum standard of quality in writing and students targeting those fields will still need to meet that standard. 

Like Laura Gibbs, I've also been surprised when students assume that tools like spell/grammar check in Word or Grammarly will fix all of their mistakes. What those students miss is the nuance and complexity of language and expression that AI and spell/grammar checkers have yet to master, including basics like accepting the wrong word simply because it's spelled correctly.

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Thank you for pointing out that the entire data-set wasn't accurate. This is what I alluded to when I said "the labeling process definitely needs to be improved (since there were some false positives)." (it was in the  future direction section). This was the first (of hopefully many crawls) and I aspire to improve it gradually. Please subscribe here if you wish to see more posts like these Smiley Happy . 

waaaseee
Community Contributor

@dhulsey  how does this process differ from someone who doesn't teach language? Has this discussion ever come up?

dhulsey
Community Champion

waaaseee‌, I got lost. There are a lot of issues and processes percolating in this discussion. Which one are you asking me about? Smiley Happy

As for my curiosity, I might be up to take a look this summer when I am teaching fewer classes and have some, um, leisure time to indulge my curiosity.

waaaseee
Community Contributor

@dhulsey , I was asking about you analyzing both the process and the end-product (chunking into smaller assessments). I was just trying to enquire if others (who do not teach language) follow the same process at your institute?

dhulsey
Community Champion

Thanks for reorienting me! Drafting seems pretty standard in the humanities -- history, speech, art appreciation, philosophy, etc. We don't see much scaffolding work on writing outside of the humanities though. 

kona
Community Champion

But they should! One and done is not the way to write!

In my statistics class they turn in their initial draft for each part of their project (intro, methods, results, conclusion) before the final project is due. That way they have time time to make corrections and learn from their mistakes. 🙂

dhulsey
Community Champion

I agree with you,  @kona ‌. Smiley Happy 

waaaseee
Community Contributor

@michellez ‌...I just recalled this conversation when I saw some legal papers in this batch...where should I send those out to you? I can't dm you as of right now..

michellez
Community Contributor

Thank you waaaseee - If they can be emailed, please use michellez@tourolaw.edu. Thanks for remembering!

waaaseee
Community Contributor

Okay, I'll send them your way later today!