Adjuncts: How can we integrate our shells on a single site?

Jump to solution
fike
Community Novice

Hello,

I teach at 4 community colleges and the courses definitely overlap.  I just earned my Online Teaching Certification, and how I want to roll up my designed course that's on instructure at 1 campus, so that I can use it at another campus. 

I was also put in a situation where 1 campus "required" me to use my personal email.  I'm wondering if I can display all my course shells from all campuses from that Canvas login, and then "direct" them to whatever campus logins I want to populate.

ADJUNCTS:  Have you successfully done this?  Any tips or hints or procedures?

Thank you!#adjunct

1 Solution
rake_9
Community Champion

I'm an admin (though I used to be an adjunct).  Adjuncting is a tough gig! 

I doubt you can actually combine the courses (if that is what you mean).  They exist in separate instances of Canvas, so there are impermeable walls between them.  There would probably also be all kinds of FERPA issues, even if you could combine them. 

You should be able to export from one instance and import into the others: How do I export a Canvas course? and then How do I import a Canvas course export package?  If your schools use Commons and they have permissions set to so you care share beyond the institution, you could also use that to share your course content to different courses at different institutions: What is Canvas Commons?

View solution in original post