cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Anyone using Flipgrid?

Just attended a webinar in regard to CanvasCon IUPUI: CourseNetworking - How a Social Media Platform Can Increase Engagement in the Onlin...‌ when I opened up an EmergingEdTech newsletter.  One of the featured apps was Flipgrid - Video for student engagement and formative assessment.  I was wondering if anyone has used this before in their classes and if so how did it go?  It says that it can be integrated with Canvas so I was wondering if it was effective.  I would like to share it with our faculty if it proves resourceful and a good form of active learning similar to the CN post.

78 Replies
Highlighted

Yes, I recommend that they take a screenshot of their rubric and add it to the bottom of their Flipgrid directions.

Highlighted
Learner II

Flipgrid is refusing to participate in the Ga Tech  App vetting process for Canvas integration. If anyone has had better luck with them please let me know. I have also reached out to IMS Global for support. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Learner II

Hi All,

nzingo@vcccd.edu made a new video about Adjusting Flipgrid for a New Semester. This is really IMPORTANT!

For some reminders...

Canvas-Flipgrid Detailed Instructions (Nick Zingo)

Flipgrid Start Over (in case you made a mistake) - Nick Zingo

Adjust Flipgrid for a New Semester - Nick Zingo

How to Use Flipgrid as a Student (If someone knows a better way, please let me know)

Tracie

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Has anyone experienced problems with the mobile app using Flipgrid with Canvas? We were able to do this previously, but now we are experiencing problems. We have tried deleting the App Integration and starting over without success. This is even happening on new integrations for teachers who had not previously used Flipgrid as a Canvas assignment. Let me explain where the problem happens. We can get to the step on the mobile app where the student clicks Submission, it then goes to the screen Download App or Open in App. There is where the problem is: instead of opening the Flipgrid App as it previously did it asks for a flipcode. Even if the correct code is typed in it doesn't work. We cannot think of anything that has changed in our system that would cause this error. We did a PD session on this in January and teachers with iPads were so disappointed that it wasn't working. Those teachers whose students have MacBooks are not experiencing any problems in using Flipgrid as an assignment. I appreciate any help you can give me on figuring this out!

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Jo - I'm sorry you continue having issues. As mentioned in our support emails with you, we haven't heard anyone else having issues. I would love to know if anyone else in the community is though!

We will continue looking into your device version, iOS versions, and see if we can identify any potential issues. Thanks for your patience as we track this down!

Highlighted

Hi jocox@hse.k12.in.us‌ It is doable, but difficult. Unless someone else knows a better way, please let me know! I made this video for students who use the app for a Canvas assignment.

Highlighted
Learner II

nzingo@vcccd.edu

Hi kevin@flipgrid.com

I was working with csheaksmcgowan@vcccd.edu today and we couldn’t figure out two things:

1. How do you edit video captions? I used to see the Transcript tab on the right top of a video. Now I just see the captions on the screen and I can't figure out how to edit them.

2. We are trying to duplicate a Topic in the same Grid. She has three different groups and wants to give each group the same topic. We enabled Flipgrid on the nav bar so we could duplicate the topic. I looks like it went through, but we don't know where the copy went.

Please help!

Highlighted

Hi Tracie! 

We currently do not allow captions to be edited. We are working to allow this in the future though! For now, students can attach an online document with their video submissions where they can write out their own transcript.

As for duplicating a Topic, the copy goes to whichever Grid you select. Email support@flipgrid.com with details on the Grid, Topic, and account so we can look into this for you!

Highlighted

Hi Soren - We have not been able to get Flipgrid to complete the Georgia Tech data security review. Have you had any luck?  Flipgrid is a partner with Instructure so I had their partnership team reach out to them and they did not reply. Thanks!