Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio question for a language listening quiz

Jump to solution

Hi,

We're looking into making audio for a listening quiz and are trying to figure out the playback options for the students. We'd like to have them listen just once before answering questions - are there any ways to limit or take out replay or rewind? We have Panopto available to us. Or, is there another way or program to use to embed audio that would limit those things?

Thanks very much,

Stephanie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

stephanie.solomon@seattlecolleges.edu, greetings! I'm not familiar with Panopto, but I don't believe there is a way in Canvas to limit the number of times a student listens to an audio clip. 

I'm going to share this with the Instructional Designers‌ group to see if they have any suggestions.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

stephanie.solomon@seattlecolleges.edu, greetings! I'm not familiar with Panopto, but I don't believe there is a way in Canvas to limit the number of times a student listens to an audio clip. 

I'm going to share this with the Instructional Designers‌ group to see if they have any suggestions.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks Kona,

Stephanie

Highlighted
Community Member

Hello,

I am also interested in limiting number of playbacks for student language learning; has this feature been added or is there a workaround?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer II

The closest thing to get the result you are looking for, is to put the audio question as its own question (as text question only) and the answer as a separate question (as an essay), you have to set the quiz to lock the question.so that the students cannot return to listen to the audio portion. There is no feature in Canvas that allows for limited playback for audio or video files. Hope this helps some.

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi,

This does help! Thank you very much!

Patricia Moore-Martinez, Ph.D.

Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies

Director of Latin American Studies Semester

World Societies & US Society Gen Ed Area Coordinator

Department of Spanish and Portuguese

Anderson Hall, 426

1114 West Berks Street

Temple University

Philadelphia, PA 19122-6090

tel: (215) 204-1707

fax: (215) 204-2652

e-mail: pmoore04@temple.edu

To make an appointment for office hours or to note walk-in hours:

https://goo.gl/DeGLvn

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 8:29 AM ericwhitmer@sjrstate.edu <

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

The only thing we have found that will do this is Extempore. It is separate but they have a Canvas integration.