cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uxdesignerjules
Community Member

Do You Use BigBlueButton Conferencing Plugin?

Hi Everyone,

I would love some assistance. I am contributing (volunteering) to the BigBlueButton open source project as a User Experience Researcher. What I do is gather insights from users, such as online teachers and students, to discover how we can improve the software to make it more usable for your needs.

I have been speaking with BigBlueButton directly. The first area they would like insights about is the plugins live lecturing features.

Thus, I am looking for 6-8 college level online teachers, who are current users of BigBlueButton, to do a 45-minute interview with. What is it that you like about the live lecturing features? Is there anything missing that would make doing lectures online easier and better?

The folks at BigBlueButton are looking forward to the research results. Let’s help to improve this app together.

To be interviewed, fill out the following Google form and I will contact you soon:

https://goo.gl/forms/giL3MC9ee5C5qZJ53

Sincerely,

Jules Myers

UX Researcher

UXResearcherJules@gmail.com

1 Reply
ffdixon
Explorer II

Hi Everyone,

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  And while I work at Blindside Networks (the company that provides hosting of BigBlueButton) and can't speak for Instructure, I can comment on Jules's post.

Jules is a recent graduate of Eastern Michigan University (https://www.linkedin.com/in/julesmyers/ ).  She had reached out to our open source project asking if she could volunteer her skills to helping us improve BigBlueButton's user experience (and build out her portfolio).

Like Canvas, BigBlueButton has a large open source community of companies and individuals working together to provide the best online experience for teachers and students.

If you use BigBlueButton (Canvas Conferences) and would like to share your experience with Jules, I encourage you to reach out.

Warm regards,... Fred

--

BigBlueButton Developer

(I also moonlight as the CEO of Blindside Networks)