cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cholling
Adventurer III

Docviewer Point Comments Aren't Displaying

Jump to solution

I've looked for answers in a couple different places, and decided to push this out to you all, hoping for answer.

I have a faculty who added multiple point comments to a student submission last week in Speedgrader. Out of seven points, only two have instructor comments that show. We can click on the point and it shows the instructor's name, but nothing else.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so that we can see the comments? Or, are they really gone? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cholling
Adventurer III

Hi Everyone -- so the solution is that there's a Canvas glitch that is known. If the teacher doesn't press Enter after typing the comment or clicking over in the gray area, the comment isn't saved. Instructure reported that the problem doesn't exist when using Firefox, but I have now had two instructors tell me it has happened to them (after considerable effort in grading) while using Firefox. I am going to amend the issue report to Instructure to let them know we're seeing the problem in Firefox as well.

Cindy.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi cholling

This one is a bit difficult to answer because honestly, one would need access to the back end of your instance in order to see if the data was saved correctly. My best suggestion here is seeing if it shows up the same in multiple browsers and if you can test across both a mac and pc, that would be ideal. Sometimes things won't show up due to firewall access or java updates. Your best bet may be if you haven't already, going ahead and clicking "Help" (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? ) in your Canvas instance and contacting support. They may be able to re-instate the replies that were saved or give you some pointers on if there's something wrong with how its being viewed. 

Also, please feel free to loop back here once you find a solution so we can all find out how you got this handled! I'd be very much interested to hear the resolution. 

cholling
Adventurer III

Hi Everyone -- so the solution is that there's a Canvas glitch that is known. If the teacher doesn't press Enter after typing the comment or clicking over in the gray area, the comment isn't saved. Instructure reported that the problem doesn't exist when using Firefox, but I have now had two instructors tell me it has happened to them (after considerable effort in grading) while using Firefox. I am going to amend the issue report to Instructure to let them know we're seeing the problem in Firefox as well.

Cindy.

View solution in original post

cholling Thank You for the explanation! It means quite a lot to those who search the forums to see an answer to a question like this. Hoping it gets resolved quickly for you! 

cholling
Adventurer III

Update on this to everyone. I heard from our IT this morning that Instructure has deployed a patch that should prevent any further problems. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but thought I'd pass the news along.#