Ed Tech Showcase

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yesterday I did a session on what's hot in ed tech these days.

When High Tech becomes Hot Tech: Educational Technology Showcase  

I wanted to write a quick follow up to that.  In the session, I covered a lot of materials at a breakneck speed.  The purpose was to get people (faculty, IDs, course development personnel, etc.) familiar with some of the offerings of third party programs that work with Canvas.  Instead of plowing through a PowerPoint slide show presentation, like I am supposed to, I instead decided to put all of the ed tech into a public Canvas course and simply navigate sequentially through the course.  You can find that course here:

Educational Technology Showcase 

What I didn't do in that course is provide good links so that you can actually find and use the software, though none of these are really hidden on the internet.  But for clarity, I wanted to include the links here on this blog post.  I grouped the ed tech platforms into certain themes (presentation, ed tech, interactive, audio/video), but there is a tremendous amount of crossover and many of the platforms could easily fit into any or all of these categories.

This is of course not a comprehensive list of resources, just what I covered during the webinar.  I'll reprise it in the future and share even more tools and resources.  

224073_ed tech.jpg

Tags (1)
10 Comments
kona
Community Champion

Great list! Thank you for sharing!!

ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

snufer Thank You for this awesome resource. It's a great page I can share with my colleagues who ask what other tools can be used with Canvas.

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

You're very welcome!  :smileygrin:

smoore5
Community Participant

Thank you for this and the webinars! You've lit a fire in me to really push what Canvas can do to better serve students.

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Awesome!  Please share your findings with us if you come across something noteworthy.

jwelchans
Community Member

Thanks Sean Nufer! Lots of great resources shared here.

Just wanted to add that Office Mix will be ended in May 2018.  Recording & annotation functionality will still be available in Powerpoint, but the quizzing & Mix online site will be gone, along with any Mixes you have stored there. 

Migrate your content from Office Mix - PowerPoint 

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yea, it's a bummer but hopefully Microsoft is improving the options and platforms available to us.  

Bobby2
Community Champion

snufercan anyone view an embedded Sway or do they need to be invited?

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

You can set up permissions through sway. If you are part of an institutional Office365 subscription then you can limit viewers to only people in your institution. You can also set it up to be viewed publicly if you’d like.

Bobby2
Community Champion

Perfect. Thanks snuferI was wondering why it worked only for me.