Module Requirements and Prerequisites

Jump to solution
frankel
Community Champion

Hi.

In my online course, I created an introductory module and made getting a 10 out of 10 on the syllabus quiz a requirement for completing the module.  Completing the introductory module is a prerequisite for starting Module 1 -- and, I thought, doing the assignments in Module 1.  I've noticed, though, that some students have received less than a 10 on the quiz, but were still able to do the assignments in Module 1.  I'm not sure why that's the case, and wondered if anyone has experienced the same thing or has suggestions about what is going on.

Thanks.

cdf

1 Solution
kona
Community Champion

frankel​, I did some testing and everything seems to be working fine on my end. I went in as my Test Student and submitted the required assignment (Tell me About Yourself) and took the quiz (Syllabus Quiz) in Week 1, but didn't get the full 3/3 (I got a 1.25/3) and Week 2 was still locked for me.

Here are my Module settings:

Settings1.pngSettings2.png

My recommendation is to try out different scenarios with your Test Student and see if you can replicate the issue. Then, regardless of your findings, I'd definitely contact support to let them know that students weren't meeting the requirements and still able to access a prerequisite module.

View solution in original post