Packing for Khaki

kona
Community Champion

Our little canvasbaby‌ thought she'd help Daddy pack for projectkhaki‌!

226869_khaki.jpg
It's  @James first time leaving the kids (and me!), but Project Khaki is definitely a worthy cause and I think he has a lot to contribute to the conversation! Two years ago I was lucky enough to attend the first Project Khaki, so I know what a great opportunity it is to visit Salt Lake and the Instructure headquarters, and get to collaborate with the best of the best!

So we'll miss you Daddy, but have a great time and come back invigorated and ready to take over the world! [Or at least to develop some more amazing canvancements‌!!]

11 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Look at that cutie!  The creature (aka, cat) occupying my suitcase this morning wasn't nearly as cute at 4am!
Looking forward to seeing James, and all of the rest of the Khaki attendees!

tbunag
Community Champion

Such a cute picture!  This is  @abunag 's first time leaving our #canvasbaby‌ in a very long time, for Project Khaki.  We managed to keep her out of the luggage this time.  I attached a picture of her "reading."

Considering who is going, there will be some interesting ideas bouncing around!  I can hardly wait to see what they come up with.

Picture of a cute baby in a hat reading a book on Ecology

kona
Community Champion

Awe, too cute! Will you be at InstCon this year?

dwillmore
Community Champion

This is great news Kona.   I hope they listen to James because he has created so many helpful workarounds.

tbunag
Community Champion

No.  I'm never taking a baby to a conference again, after InstructureCon last year.  Anthony will be going, though.  I have other conferences to focus on in the fall.

kona
Community Champion

@tbunag ‌, I'm sorry to hear that! We've always had a great experience with our little one at InstCon (she was 1, 2, & 3 the years we went) so it's sad to hear you didn't have a good experience. Granted this was in Utah, not Colorado so it will be interesting to see how things go this year with both of our girls (5 & almost 1).

dwillmore
Community Champion

@kona ‌. If I remember correctly your, then 4 year old, was doing a training session on APIs, or am I remembering wrong?

tbunag
Community Champion

Without childcare available, it was pretty terrible (plus the altitude sickness was brutal!).  Considering how quickly she's learning technology, though, she might be ready to present at InstructureCon by the time she's in Kindergarten.  Smiley Wink She already set my phone to automatically take her picture when she says, "Cheese."

kona
Community Champion

LOL... You're not far off! James put Linux on her (dual monitor) computer and she's better at using it than I am!

kona
Community Champion

No, that doesn't sound good. We're bringing my Mom along as our babysitter and will also be spending some time in the Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak area prior to InstCon, so hopefully that will help with the altitude. 

tbunag
Community Champion

@abunag ‌ - How quickly can we teach the baby how to set up LTIs? Smiley Wink