Partnering a modern flat-file CMS with Canvas

paul
Community Novice

Any tech-savvy educators here interested in using Markdown pages in Canvas or support a Git-based collaborative workflow for your external website content within Canvas?

I've been working on an open source project called Open Course Hub using the modern file-based (no database) Grav CMS, and you can learn more about this project in my recent guest blog post Enabling an open and collaborative course environment with GitLab and the Grav CMS at GitLab.com. By using the unique `chromeless` feature of the Open Course Hub, multi-device friendly page content can be re-used within Canvas using the standard Redirect Tool, as shown with this Resources page within Canvas versus the standalone page at Resources | CMPT-363. This approach also works for Modules, as shown with this Week 1 (Sep 6-12) Materials Module versus the standalone page at Week 1 (Sep 6 - 12) | CMPT-363.

If this project is of interest to you, or you have any questions, please share your thoughts below.

UPDATE: The launch of my Simon Fraser University CMPT-363 (User Interface Design) Canvas course site for this summer demonstrates the highest level of integration yet with the Grav CMS and Canvas:  https://canvas.sfu.ca/courses/38847.