cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Status of Quizzes and Quizzes.Next (or LTI) for 2019/2020

I understand from my research that active development on the original Quizzes tool has stopped as the transition to Quizzes.Next (aka LTI) ramps up.  What I was unable to find was a clear timeframe for the formal decommissioning (removal) of the Quizzes tool.   Is there any plan to remove Quizzes from the cloud in the 2019/2020 academic year? Or is this left to each institution to manage?  My reason for asking is that we run large (+700) BYOD midterm and final exams and unfortunately there are still major functional gaps that prevent us from using Quizzes.Next and so if there is any potential of not having Quizzes for the 2019/2020 academic year, we need to know ASAP.

Much appreciated in advance

3 Replies
Highlighted
Lamplighter

rob.peregoodoff@sauder.ubc.ca, the Quizzes.Next deployment timeline is displayed on the home page of the Quizzes.Next User Group‌, and the timeline is regularly updated. Migration completion is currently expected to take place some time in calendar year 2020. That's the group you'll want to follow for updates to the timeline and specific dates. You will also see advance notice in Upcoming Canvas Changes‌; that's another good resource to follow.

Highlighted
Community Member

Really appreciate the timely response Stefanie and for directing me to the user group, I have registered to follow.  Can I still ask the question that I did not see on timeline?  2020 is just around the corner and we are making plans now for our entire 2019/2020 academic year (Sept 2019 - April 2020).  Is there a chance that Quizzes original could be removed from service prior to April 2020?

Highlighted
Lamplighter

I can't speak to the specific timeline, rob.peregoodoff@sauder.ubc.ca—I honestly don't know—but we all recognize that this will be an impactful change, and changes of this nature are always closely coordinated with all of the affected parties and communicated well in advance.