Submission without online marking

Jump to solution
george_hatsidim
Community Novice

I am helping redesign an online unit of study. At the moment some of the assignments are being handed in as a hardcopy to the coordinator for marking and then also being emailed to the coordinator as a soft copy. What's are the alternate ways for the coordinator to keep a soft copy on Canvas without having to grade it digitally? Alternatively if she was to keep the present procedure, how would I set up the gradebook columns without a submission being uploaded? Apologies for the newbiness of the questions.

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@george_hatsidim , welcome to the Community and Canvas! Here are the answers to your questions, hope this helps!

Soft copy on Canvas, don’t have to grade - create an assignment and check the box to not have it count towards the course grade. You can even make it worth 0 points and set it as incomplete/complete if you want. Guide - How do I exclude an assignment from the course's final grades?  

Place to put a grade with no online submission - this would also be an assignment, just select the “On paper” submission type. Guide - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10113-415241285 

If you you have any follow up questions just let us know!

Kona

View solution in original post