cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

display external calendar field in Canvas

I have had a question from an Instructor in our University, is this possible? She says:

"I don't want to subscribe to a Canvas calendar in Outlook etc, but I want an external calendar feed (iCal/webcal) to be displayed in Canvas. Alternatively, I'd be happy to import an ICS file into Canvas but I'd prefer a subscription since I can then push updates to the people I want to share the calendar feed with.

So an external calendar feed should be displayed in Canvas."

Regards, Kerrie.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @330467 ...

Importing calendar feeds from other sources into the Canvas Calendar is not possible at this time.  I did a little searching here in the Community, and I found this Feature Idea that might spark your interest: Import calendar from ICS file.  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you would like to see implemented in Canvas, consider giving it a rating and add a comment letting Instructure know why this would be important to you.  See How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Community? for more details on how to rate Feature Ideas.

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope it has helped to answer your question.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos