1-Click to Outcomes Trend Line

(2)

I would like to

• go to the Mastery Gradebook where all the colored boxes indicate (usually) a decaying average per student per Outcome,
  • click on the colored box,
  • and see a pop-up with the trend line graphic for that particular student and outcome.

trend line in Outcomes

Currently, this graphic is hidden behind many many clicks, and it is essential information for anybody interested in measuring progress over time. By contrast, the colored box pertains to a decaying average from which one may not conclude trends of progress, regression or static performance.

This trend line is what Marzano disciples want to see out of their use of Outcomes. I think if it is more readily accessible, that will encourage more adoption of Outcomes generally. 

10 Comments
mnagel
Community Novice

Additionally, it would be useful to have a page view with all of the trend lines for a given student. 

19louien29
Community Novice

As a student, I know so many peers that wish there was a grade trend graph similar to schoolloop. This is so important because I don't remember the grades from before and the graph keeps students motivated.

mnagel
Community Novice

spread the word! Get out the vote!

JGarton
Community Contributor

mnagel

Would you please share the current process, the click/steps to find this trend graph?

Thank you

jheath
Community Novice

By the way this functionality disappeared during the 18-19 school year during an LMG update - here's an enhancement request to bring it back! As you all know here it's incredibly useful functionality. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14888-bring-back-the-longitudinal-outcomelearning-mastery-grad...

skapacinskas

JGarton

mnagel

19louien29

@mollie_page ‌

monica_coleman
Community Novice

How do you get to the graph depicted here in the first place? This looks great!

rmarker
Community Explorer

Yes, this is so needed!

CZaccagnino
Community Member

We need this back!

BenFriedman
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi everyone here. We've started to design an update to the course and student level learning mastery grade book. If you'd like to give us feedback in a 30 minute interview, click here!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.