10 second rewind & fast fwd

0 Likes
(3)

Just a suggestion/request: It would be super helpful and time saving if 10 second rewind and fast forward controls could be incorporated into the video playback monitor. Now I have to randomly click back and forth during lectures if I want to get near a certain spot; and it's more difficult if the playback is not full screen so I can see other documents on my laptop. Thanks so much!

Audra

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

PeterJohnson
Community Novice

I agree about adding an incremental rewind button.  It would be extremely useful.

Dane_Bude
Community Member

Please, this would be invaluable.  When taking notes and the instructor tosses out a bunch of information quickly, it's sometimes necessary to pause, make notes, then go back a few seconds.  Other times it's necessary to hear the same bit several times over.

It would be handy in a browser, but in the Android app it's extremely difficult to scroll back just a few seconds.

Dobial
Community Novice

I need this desperately. What could be so effortless is now very frustrating when you quickly want to catch something you missed, because you have only the imprecise tool of clicking on the timeline which half of the times skips too far back or to the same location as you are.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.