A Place to Store Sample Feedback for Essay Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be wonderful if you were able to store sample feedback for essay questions.  I would like to be able to drag and drop or copy and paste the sample feedback right into the "Add a Comment" box.  Ideally I would enter this sample feedback when I write the essay question.  I would not want this to be something that the students could view unless I copy it into the "Add a Comment" box.  I would also like to  have all of the features of the Rich Content Editor for the sample feedback I write.

Thank you so much!

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
39 Comments
kelli_ritter
Community Contributor

That would be a good idea.  My idea is simply to include a comment box where course designers could include answers/explanations for instructors/tutors to reference when grading an assignment. 

jfarris
Community Member

It sounds like we would both like a combination of our ideas.  A place to store sample feedback and the correct answer.Smiley Happy

I wish we could combine our ideas and the votes we already have...

darlene-chalker
Community Novice

This would be very helpful instead of having to go somewhere else to find stored feedback, it should be right there as you are evaluating assignments/quizzes.

jfarris
Community Member

Thank you Darlene! Smiley Happy

asatkins
Community Novice

Hey all  - this is a request with a little more traction - " modifiedtitle="true" title="Add Instructor Notes to Quiz Questions and I actually think you could use this "answer key" type essay area for what you're asking about -to also store potential feedback. You might want to vote there as well Smiley Happy

jfarris
Community Member

Hi Amanda!  Thanks for your comment and vote!  Kelli and I discussed this above how we would love to basically combine our ideas. Smiley Happy Thank you so much for sharing it again! 

cgiraud
Community Novice

This feature exists in Turnitin.com. It's fabulous and allows for quick grading for mechanical issues and content concerns (i.e. "you've lost the thread of your thesis" OR "you need concrete details from the text to support this assertion"). Somehow getting this into grading functions in Canvas would be terrific. I wonder if this is more a function of Crocodoc's design.

jonathan_carlyo
Community Novice

This is a great conversation! Thanks for the ideas!

jonathan_carlyo
Community Novice

Hi Jordan, I've been using breevy for a few years. It's for windows; the pricing may be competitive. Costumer service is very good, too.

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello everyone,

Thank you for this suggestion.  We can research this for possible inclusion in our work on the Modern Quizzing Engine. As any implementation or delivery of this feature is more than six months away, I suggest we archive this conversation for now. I have added this idea to my backlog of possible features.

Regards,

Jason