A Place to Store Sample Feedback for Essay Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be wonderful if you were able to store sample feedback for essay questions.  I would like to be able to drag and drop or copy and paste the sample feedback right into the "Add a Comment" box.  Ideally I would enter this sample feedback when I write the essay question.  I would not want this to be something that the students could view unless I copy it into the "Add a Comment" box.  I would also like to  have all of the features of the Rich Content Editor for the sample feedback I write.

Thank you so much!

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
39 Comments
Beth_Young
Community Contributor

I would have voted for this but did not get here on time.  So glad to hear this will be considered for the Modern Quizzing Engine.

amanda_taintor
Community Contributor

I am very interested in the addition of this feature! As we move from Blackboard to Canvas my faculty noticed this missing piece.  Thanks for considering it as an addition!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

The specific guide for this feature in the Quizzes LTI tool is How do I create an Essay question in the Quizzes LTI? 

amcc
Community Member

Glad to see this idea has moved to Beta. Now can you please help move forward the related idea for a comment bank in SpeedGrader that has been languishing for years despite strong interest and more than 500 upvotes? https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1751-ability-to-save-and-copy-from-frequently-used-comments-in...

Thanks!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Just in case anyone needs the link.  Here is the guide that shows where the grading notes exist in essay questions.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12212 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed