A column in the CSV Grade Export file entitled students' grade (9,10,11,12)

Do you ever have to download grades ONLY for specific grades and NOT all grades? Because our 12th grade students finish school earlier in the year than grades 9-11, I will soon be exporting and uploading grades to our student portal for 9-11 and then in April for grade 12, and then in June for 9-11.  This is going to be an extremely frustrating process for me as the current Canvas CSV for Grade Exports do NOT have a column showing what grade the student is currently enrolled in.  Although many of the courses have the grade (in which students are enrolled) in the course name, not all of them do, so I will manually add that info on Canvas.  (Some of our courses are mixed with both 11th and 12th grade students in the course or the course does not always have only one grade of students or another in the course.) For those course that do have the grade in the course name, such as Math 11 (2) [S1], I can use the "Text to Columns" feature in Excel and separate the course name into columns and one column will show 11, meaning 11th grade.  I would then sort and filter the data based on that.  Still, it's a timely process.  The other option is for me to create course sections within a course in Canvas and manually assign a student to a specific section within a course, such as Grade 11 or Grade 12.  This still takes a lot of time as I have to manually enter the data student by student.  If there would be a column in the Canvas Grade Export CSV file that would show the student's grade, that would be amazing!  

1 Comment
ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.