cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability for Instructor to Quickly Switch Between Multiple Gradebooks

Ability for Instructor to Quickly Switch Between Multiple Gradebooks

0 Kudos

I teach more than one class. I tend to do grading all at one time. When I am in a gradebook of class A, I would like to be able to go to the Gradebook of Class B without having to go to the dashboard, getting in the section, then the gradebook.

Maybe you could make a map of most recent places I have been that I could just switch back and forth between the two/ three classes that I want to look at via some map on the left side or something. Ideally I could have a button that would permit me to see the same thing that I am looking at (gradebook, Assignment Z, Discussion Board) in any course I choose by simply sliding to that option.

Please don't reply that I can do this by going to the dashboard. I *know* this. I want a ONE STEP way to do it.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 Comments
kirsten_ryall
Explorer III

Hi there, there is a release coming shortly that may assist with this. A recent history button will be added to global navigation menu showing your navigation history for up to three weeks. It has only been released in the Beta environment at the moment and it is not able to be fully tested yet (by the Community). There is not a lot of information on exactly what the history will show yet either but it may show gradebook pages for different courses if you had visited them within three weeks. You could ask the question on this page: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Releases/Canvas-Release-Notes-2020-10-17/ta-p/409113#toc-hId-6962...

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@crawfordt 

Thanks for sharing this idea. We've moved it forward for further discussion, and hope you will check out this related idea from a student: Switch courses within an area in Canvas

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation