Ability to Apply Edits to Grading Notes after Student Submissions (New Quizzes, Essay Questions)

0 Likes
(1)

When creating assignments for my students using New Quizzes, I often include grading notes for the essay questions. Usually I am asking students to paste snippets of code into the text editor.

Sometimes I find that I have a typo or other small error after I start grading. If go back to edit the grading notes, I will not be able to see the updated grading notes while I am grading, which is frustrating. I understand that the question, options, and score shouldn't change after a student has submitted, but it is very frustrating not to be able to update the grading notes as I am grading.

If I could update the grading notes and have them applied to all submitted assignments, I would additionally keep tabs on how many points I take off for certain mistakes. I try to anticipate all the types of mistakes that students will make, but inevitably there will be a type of mistake I don't anticipate. 

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

mstolzer
Community Member

Yes! This is especially needed for when I need to make an edit that my grader(s) can see.

llaplante
Community Member

I agree! This is very frustrating. 

mprogers
Community Participant

This is so needed, thank you for posting this. It's annoying to not be able to correct a mistake. It must be that the Canvas programmers are perfect, so it never occurred to them that someone would need this feature 😀 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.