Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Speedgrader/DocViewer

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

We're aware that there are two parts to this idea. The "Speedgrader" piece of the request is complete; the idea remains open for DocViewer annotations comments.

It would be a great timesaver for writing instructors and anyone else making many of the same comments to students on assignments to save and store comments in SpeedGrader/Crocodoc DocViewer as one is able to do in Turnitin's Grademark feature. This feature would help SpeedGrader really live up to its name, too.

This has been a request since August 2012: Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Crocodoc : Help Center

180 Comments
avenuto
Community Novice

I would love a frequent comment section.

Currently, I've created a section at the bottom of the rubric (no points) where I can click on the comment I want.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea was moved from Under Consideration stage (no longer in use) to the Product Radar stage.  

This change was made as part of a feature idea process evolution.  Find more information, and contribute insights, by joining Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space

franke
Community Contributor

I could see this feature getting lots of use at our college.  Faculty use SpeedGrader all the time and often reuse the same comments over and over. Faculty love SpeedGrader but this feature would make them use it and love it even more.

franke
Community Contributor

stefaniesanders‌ I like your idea of "sticky notes" and text expander software.  I will have to suggest these alternatives to faculty.  Thank you!

patrick_bailey
Community Novice

There's a January 2016 comment informing us to "stay tuned."  Is there an update regarding this feature?

sworrell
Community Novice

Great idea. I used to use "auto Text Expander" for this but it quit working on Chrome. To have this functionality in Canvas would be nice.

catherine_baker
Community Novice

My colleagues and I would really welcome this - many of us used to use the quick marks function in Turnitin really productively but have no equivalent functionality on Canvas.

caitlin_crowley
Community Novice

Is there an update on this? Really keen to have this feature.

c_bailey
Community Novice

It's hard to believe this idea was first suggested in 2012 and has not been actioned yet. Using Turnitin's Grademark feature over the past ten years I developed a set of reusable comments (Quickmarks) which allowed me to give rich feedback (including hyperlinks to helpful resources) with a single click. I shared these with colleagues in my department and as an OER for the wider community of EAP (English for Academic Purposes) lecturers. In Speedgrader (which I used for the first time last month) I have to type these comments manually or copy-paste from Word. ***SNAILGRADER!!!***

bogardde
Community Participant

@jared    Thank you for suggesting ProKeys (free Chrome Extension.) I've started using it in Speedgrader, and it works like a charm for Assignment Comments as well as comments and annotations in the DocViewer.