Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Speedgrader/DocViewer

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

We're aware that there are two parts to this idea. The "Speedgrader" piece of the request is complete; the idea remains open for DocViewer annotations comments.

It would be a great timesaver for writing instructors and anyone else making many of the same comments to students on assignments to save and store comments in SpeedGrader/Crocodoc DocViewer as one is able to do in Turnitin's Grademark feature. This feature would help SpeedGrader really live up to its name, too.

This has been a request since August 2012: Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Crocodoc : Help Center

180 Comments
mem07250
Community Novice

Quickmarks is very useful. Hope we get it soon!

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

How much longer must we wait until Canvas will have the ability to save quick marks in Speedgrader? This is a must so that I do not have to grade everything in Turnitin. 

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

Please keep us posted and give an update on this feature. Thanks!

Maeve_McCooey
Community Coach
Community Coach

Up-voted! Great idea code142005‌. This would be a fantastic feature to have in Canvas. This functionality is available in Turnitin Feedback Studio and is very popular, I imagine it would bring huge benefits to teaching staff in terms of time saving and consistency when providing feedback. 

@Maeve_McCooey ‌

nancy_lachance
Community Contributor

I agree with Mr. Coker.  I love Annotate Pro so much, I wrote a blog about how useful it is not just for grading but everything else: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins/blog/2019/12/05/getting-an-edge-on-student-feedback-an...

stuart_brandom
Community Novice

Our University is currently adopting Canvas and the disadvantage of not having a comments bank available in speedgrader has been mentioned many times.

It really would be fantastic if Instructure could look at this again.  It would please so many people.

L_Knight
Community Participant

Stuart, I use www.11trees.com's FREE product called AnnotatePro. It's phenomenal. I can create my own comments and reuse them as much as I need to. The program is an extension in Chrome and automatically opens in the speed grader when I'm grading assignments. It makes grading so much easier since it lives in Chrome.

Laura Gentry

<https://www.name-coach.com/laura-gentry>

Instructional Technologist/Designer

Oxnard College

nancy_lachance
Community Contributor

Good point, Laura.  I also use 11trees to manage my comments.   Stuart, you can read my post on this resource here: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins/blog/2019/12/05/getting-an-edge-on-student-feedback-an... 

stuart_brandom
Community Novice

Thank you for the advice.  I'll take a look and pass it onto our faculty members.

dcamilleri
Community Novice

Without presaved comments speedgrader will make my task much harder. this is an essential feature for marking. please develop this ASAP.