Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Speedgrader/DocViewer

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

We're aware that there are two parts to this idea. The "Speedgrader" piece of the request is complete; the idea remains open for DocViewer annotations comments.

It would be a great timesaver for writing instructors and anyone else making many of the same comments to students on assignments to save and store comments in SpeedGrader/Crocodoc DocViewer as one is able to do in Turnitin's Grademark feature. This feature would help SpeedGrader really live up to its name, too.

This has been a request since August 2012: Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Crocodoc : Help Center

180 Comments
joseph_acct
Community Member

My school moved to Canvas from BB, and I miss this ability greatly.

A_K_Dekker
Community Participant

Could this actually be happening? https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Roadmap/ct-p/roadmap --> June 2021 -->

Feedback Library

Allow instructors to store and reuse commonly used comments from a feedback library.

lhughes
Community Participant

For years, I've been creating my own feedback library in Word for each assignment.  It's not a way to get around custom comments (I do that) but a way to ensure that I don't forget to mention important (standard) points on everyone's work.  I would love it if Canvas had a built-in feedback library in Speedgrader.

steelea
Community Explorer

I LOVE this idea; I use it a lot in TurnitIn, and would love it in Speedgrader.

claudia_rachele
Community Explorer

We are desperate for this feature in the higher-education sector! June 2021 is looking bright...

john_erickson1
Community Explorer

Yes! That way I wouldn't have to copy and paste comments from my Google doc. (It would make Speedgrader even Speedier).

jsailor
Instructure
Instructure

@A_K_Dekker, yes! What you see on the roadmap is this feature! Watch our upcoming release notes for more information. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

Comments can be added and saved for reuse within SpeedGrader. This change allows graders to save frequently used comments in SpeedGrader and be reused across multiple students and assignments. This fulfills the SpeedGrader aspect of this idea.

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

lnorth1
Community Participant

SpeedGrader Comment Library is an excellent feature, fabulous to see it coming through next release!  I also love that the comment is then editable once inserted, so it can be personalised. 

Being able to add comments direct in-text from the comment library would be the ideal - we often have 15-20 short comments per document, and an overall comment in the main comment pane. Would love the flyout to be static while marking in-text, and able to insert into active comment.

And perhaps one day in the future, folders to enable filing and filtering abilities to show relevant groups of comments only.  #WishList!