Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Speedgrader/DocViewer

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

We're aware that there are two parts to this idea. The "Speedgrader" piece of the request is complete; the idea remains open for DocViewer annotations comments.

It would be a great timesaver for writing instructors and anyone else making many of the same comments to students on assignments to save and store comments in SpeedGrader/Crocodoc DocViewer as one is able to do in Turnitin's Grademark feature. This feature would help SpeedGrader really live up to its name, too.

This has been a request since August 2012: Ability to Save and Copy from Frequently Used Comments in Crocodoc : Help Center

180 Comments
ccalderon
Community Champion

Sadly, that one died on the vine with only 11 votes - let's keep this one alive!

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Joshua:

There is a great product (free - that's what makes it great!) that you can use in the interim. It's called TypItIn, and it can be found here: Downloads | Wavget

It is the professional version that is free.

Check it out.

epokryfki
Community Participant

I think that it would be very helpful and time efficient having a text box where we could place feedback.

In Moodle there was a box called "Answer for Grader" which is a text box in which a teacher can write general or commonly used answer, not visible to student, but visible to the teacher at the time of grading, and it can be copied and pasted in the comment box for providing a feedback to a student.

ccalderon
Community Champion

@Ron_Bowman ​, Deactivated user​, amcc​,  @KristinL ​,  @r_v_jones ​ - Only need 2 more votes to make the cut! Any bushes that can be beat to drum up some votes...?? Mixed metaphors aside, can we tap on a couple more shoulders to get those last two votes in? :smileygrin:

amcc
Community Member

Thanks  @ccalderon , I'll send something around to colleagues. Not sure any of them are registered in the community but it's worth a try.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @ccalderon ​ ~ I've forwarded this link to a few people in my building. They should follow through before the end of the day.

ccalderon
Community Champion

Yay - we did it!

pandateam.jpg

amcc
Community Member

Thanks for your advocacy and "nudging"  @ccalderon ​!

amcc
Community Member

The last idea is definitely what I had in mind. Ideally with a facility for the user to organize comments in a way that makes sense to her/him to facilitate access (eg by course, by assignment, by comment type, or any combination of these).

a comment bank as an individual user that I could use when grading any assignment for any course

berryjr
Community Explorer

Another vote here from the University of Birmingham - this has been a major wish of our faculty